Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#7426 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
What TS3 EP or SP has the highest system requirements?

Here is the page with the system requirements, but if I had to guess I'd say probably Pets or Seasons.

tunafishfish, you can put it together with the set, it doesn't need to be in the Overrides. In fact I find it easier to keep them in one place so if you decide to remove the bakery for some reason you don't forget Cupcake as well and don't have to deal with crashing

My stupid question (or more of a general wondering) - does anyone else begin to associate certain base game objects with the 'missing CC replacement' and start avoiding them altogether? Like that perfectly ordinary bg iron fence that I found on a lot recently and spent ages trying to figure out what cc fence had gotten deleted before realizing it was meant to be there? Or the small green deco plants that I immediately go "What the hell am I missing now?!", the generic end tables, etc. ? Or am I just weird
Advertisement
Scholar
#7427 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 3:55 AM
I'm always swapping out large rugs and side tables, so it's the big square base game rug in a saturated gold floral with white trim and any furniture that is strangely gold. Whenever furniture gets replaced in my game it is always eye-searing gold. TBS, I've made up to 10k off of CC replacements due to the game just dropping high-value paintings to replace random curtains.
Inventor
#7428 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 12:58 PM
Some of you might have seen pictures of this cute bunnydog which you can download on mts.

I want to make a matching colored cat, but I honestly never made own cat before, I always adopt, and I dont know if cats have same markings available as dogs? Do they? Can I make a cat with small dots on her butt?
Scholar
#7429 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 1:12 PM
You can make a cat to match, but you won't be able to get the legs short like that.
Inventor
#7430 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
You can make a cat to match, but you won't be able to get the legs short like that.

Maybe Im looking in the wrong places, but I cant find the little dots markings for cats. Where can I find those?
Scholar
#7431 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 4:54 PM
Check back/haunches and also just look at overlays. I've definitely had spotted cats in my game before.
Inventor
#7432 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 8:35 PM
Check back/haunches and also just look at overlays. I've definitely had spotted cats in my game before.

I found it
#7433 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 12:45 AM
The French books aren't in the French bookstore. All the regular books are but not the local ones. What happened?
Theorist
#7434 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 1:37 PM
Parties...why do they suck so much? Is it broken programming/coding? Why host a party if you're just going to get angry and go to bed? Why don't Sims do what you ask them to do (talk to guests, eat the food you prepared, dance?). It's so frustrating. One of my families had a gift giving party. The mother made a nice pie as she is a decent cook, the guests brought food, I made sure we had plenty of seating, the stereo on classical music....but NO, they stood around stomping their feet, ignoring boyfriends and girlfriends, and the hosts just went to bed...ugh.. (maybe this is more of a rant..)
Site Helper
#7435 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 2:59 PM
Parties tend to need a lot of unobstructed space. I usually throw them in the back yard, although I don't have Seasons to provide rain or snow on them.

Other than that: yeah, it's bad programming. It's the same programming that causes sims to decide to throw a party when they are not going to be there. And then complain if you don't show up, either.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#7436 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Parties tend to need a lot of unobstructed space. I usually throw them in the back yard, although I don't have Seasons to provide rain or snow on them.

Other than that: yeah, it's bad programming. It's the same programming that causes sims to decide to throw a party when they are not going to be there. And then complain if you don't show up, either.

Oh yes, I hear that. So and so is having a party. Your Sims get there, the people are out, sleeping, won't let them in, or there isn't anything going on...
Top Secret Researcher
#7437 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 5:06 PM
Default Annoying Music playing in Live Mode
It isn't what I'd choose to play, but I had no idea that live mode had music.
In the past it was usually caused by a custom lot that had a audio device that was not one that I had. That's not the problem, as no matter where I go, this music is playing.
In years of playing I've not had this particular problem before.
Hints and clues for the clueless would be appreciated.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#7438 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 5:13 PM
If you were using Tempest to try and make a tropical climate with a cool, dry winter and spring and a hot, wet summer and fall, what settings would you use?
Mad Poster
#7439 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
It isn't what I'd choose to play, but I had no idea that live mode had music.
In the past it was usually caused by a custom lot that had a audio device that was not one that I had. That's not the problem, as no matter where I go, this music is playing.
In years of playing I've not had this particular problem before.
Hints and clues for the clueless would be appreciated.

I've had this happen occasionally (if we are talking about the same thing) and it's always been an inactive lot like a bar whose music was "leaking" into gameplay elsewhere -- not the kind where you can faintly hear it from next door, I mean everywhere. Saving (as), quitting, and reloading always cleared it up though. Not the case here?
Mad Poster
#7440 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 5:36 PM Last edited by igazor : 14th Mar 2018 at 8:40 PM.
If you were using Tempest to try and make a tropical climate with a cool, dry winter and spring and a hot, wet summer and fall, what settings would you use?

I don't know if this helps at all, but for tropical climates I usually restrict things to two seasons -- Spring (warm and dryer) and Summer (hot and wetter), then allow for the otherwise missing holidays if I still want them. Although I don't usually play with Spooky Day anyway so that just leaves the one winter holiday to shift. That way the trees don't go barren and the ground doesn't "freeze" on the crop growers even though it never gets cold enough for that to be happening.
Top Secret Researcher
#7441 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I've had this happen occasionally (if we are talking about the same thing) and it's always been an inactive lot like a bar whose music was "leaking" into gameplay elsewhere -- not the kind where you can faintly hear it from next door, I mean everywhere. Saving (as), quitting, and reloading always cleared it up though. Not the case here?

Saving, quitting and restarting fixed it for a short time, then it came back. So, it might be a problem lot. Just got back from Egypt. No problem in Egypt. And no problem in home world (a modified Bellatrix by Rflong7/13) since I got back. But I'd lay odds the problem is going to reappear.
I guess I need to visit lots where they might have an audio machine, then when I find the offending lot, nuke it from space. It's the only way to be sure.
P.S. Thanks for a clue.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#7442 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 7:44 PM
The music I have heard in live mode occasionally is the "ghost hunter" music. (I ended up shutting down that career for non-active sims, though not for that reason.)
Top Secret Researcher
#7443 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
The music I have heard in live mode occasionally is the "ghost hunter" music. (I ended up shutting down that career for non-active sims, though not for that reason.)

Ghost hunter music is associated with a lot, and sounds cool.
This sounds annoying, and follows me everywhere I go, like tinnitus.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#7444 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 11:12 PM
Ew. That would be annoying.
Scholar
#7445 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:46 PM
I'm trying to make a Nerd Shop and a Rebel Hangout for my town. I looked online and saw that the latter usually has a pool table, some street mural pieces on the walls/ground, etc. Do you have to add those things or could you just make it similar to a typical Hangout lot, just... that it focuses on bringing in Rebels? And it seems Jocks don't have their own, designated lot? I'm guessing they prefer the gym, like athletic sims?
Test Subject
#7446 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 4:30 PM
Do non-active households use subways and LLAMAs autonomously? I'm leaning toward "yes" but...
Scholar
#7447 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I'm trying to make a Nerd Shop and a Rebel Hangout for my town. I looked online and saw that the latter usually has a pool table, some street mural pieces on the walls/ground, etc. Do you have to add those things or could you just make it similar to a typical Hangout lot, just... that it focuses on bringing in Rebels? And it seems Jocks don't have their own, designated lot? I'm guessing they prefer the gym, like athletic sims?

They always seem to congregate in the bowling alley, student center, and outside the burger place in my game.
Top Secret Researcher
#7448 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by featherkeys
Do non-active households use subways and LLAMAs autonomously? I'm leaning toward "yes" but...

I've seen an NPC go into a LLAMA.
btw, what's up with that? I use the LLAMA five times and I'm a tragic clown. Use the subway for a sim lifetime - where the game tips say I'm going to get mugged, for a life time and no mugging.
Did the remove the mugging feature later on, like the alleged "bonehilda does child care"?

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#7449 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:29 PM
That's why I installed a mod for the LLAMA - the side effects were bugging me.

Haven't used the subway recently enough to say if they removed being mugged. I have been mugged there, though.
Mad Poster
#7450 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:45 PM
Inactives won't generally use the subway. Depending on how forceful you want to be about it, some adjustments with Retuner and/or a tuning mod are required to change that. I've got most of my sims underground during rush hour and even most other times in Bridgeport now, in other worlds I would want to be more gentle about the encouragement to stay off the roads. I have to keep my eye on more crowded worlds that have a subway system (by way of NRaas Tagger usually) to make sure I've not set up too much of a good thing as stampedes/traffic jams at the stations' entrances and exits are not helpful.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which%20Mod%20FAQ#Subways

My sims have never once been mugged in the subway. I thought that had something to do with musicians busking for tips down there.
Page 298 of 385