Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2014 at 4:36 PM
Default WCIF: No Community Plate Clearing Hack
Not this one, as it doesn't work for me (I suspect because it wasn't updated for AL). http://modthesims.info/d/189853

The only other one I've been able to find is the Simlogical one, which wasn't updated past Nightlife. I'm hoping that someone else knows of an AL compatible one.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th May 2014 at 8:36 PM
Maybe try moreawesomethanyou I think they have something like that in their ffs stuff here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2014 at 8:02 AM
Nope, not as far as I can see, but thanks anyway.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 4:52 AM
I was just looking for this as well.
Simlogical has one but it says it's obsolete.
Inventor
#5 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 9:06 AM
Maybe this one will work for you. The alternative version restricts cleaning dishes on all community lots.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 10:12 AM
Thanks, looks helpful. I can live with telling them to clean up when they BBQ.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 8:17 PM
I'm amazed Sims 2 doesn't have a janitor NPC. Sims 1 did! I've downloaded the file and am going to try it out.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 10:42 PM
I'm going to try that Squinge mod too. I had no idea anybody had made one to do that.

Quote: Originally posted by Daleylife
I'm amazed Sims 2 doesn't have a janitor NPC. Sims 1 did! I've downloaded the file and am going to try it out.

I wasn't aware that anybody had a "stop cleaning the community lot" mod, so I've been using Sophie-David's dishwashers. If the NPC cleans up all the dishes, nobody else gets a chance to. These aren't perfect, sometimes the NPC doesn't spawn quickly enough and then the townies and playables will fixate on the dishes, but at least somebody's around to clean up the lot. Both of these have invisible recolors so you can stick them in a public park or a historical setting where a modern dishwasher would look out of place.

These mods do NOT come with NPCs of their own and may be safely removed from your game if you decide that you don't want them. Both dishwasher mods use existing restaurant waiters/waitresses that are already in your neighborhood, which means you will need Nightlife or a later EP. They will pick up and use any default replacement uniforms you may be using for the restaurant servers.

Basic dishwasher - attendant spawns, cleans up, and immediately leaves when finished:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/426531...-recolours.html

Advanced dishwasher - when the NPC is done cleaning, he/she will respawn in off-duty mode and can be socialized with. More details on the download page.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/422286...dirty-lots.html
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 12:20 AM
Ohhh, thanks, that's really what I was hoping for, a service NPC to do the cleaning. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 12:32 AM
I am delighted after testing to report that Squinge's mod works perfectly in my game and doesn't conflict with any other mods that I currently have. I think I've now got just about the perfect configuration to deal with this problem:

1. Crammyboy's "No Community Lot Food Serve". It's an old mod but still works in my game. With this, a sim can make a serving tray of food on a community lot (such as grilling hot dogs or hamburgers, etc.) and will then immediately grab a plate for themselves and go eat it instead of wasting a lot of time setting out servings for the entire rest of the village.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1494.0.html

2. Squinge's mod mentioned above prevents visitors and customers from trying to clear the dishes themselves. I was not aware of this mod, so thanks very much to Sketching for mentioning it.

3. Sophie-David's dishwashers clean up dishes, spills, etc. on any lot that doesn't already have restaurant servers available to do it.

My sims can finally enjoy their time on a community lot without feeling compelled to serve or clean up after the whole town all by themselves!