Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2018 at 3:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Custom Markings Won't Show Up in CAS
I'm facing a small, but rather annoying problem with custom horse markings. There is no crashing, no weird graphic glitches or anything else affected and I clear all the game caches every time I play for stability (don't ask, my game has always been finicky with this and this isn't why I'm posting). The problem is that any new full-body markings I install (via .package files) simply do not show up or appear in CAS at all. I've checked all the coat, markings, and free-form markings sections, and I've checked the saved/custom coat sections as well. Nothing.

Now, I have other full-body markings that show up just fine. For example, Eldervine's Dapple and Tobiano markings always work, and at first I thought it was just the one CC author's markings that weren't working, so I tried to find other equivalent markings from several other authors. Only one other author's work appeared, while the others' didn't. This is frustrating, since EA's coats are kind of awful, muddy, and there's no variation. As an addition, I use Luke Teth's HD Lite Coat mod, but it hasn't conflicted at all with other markings, and I doubt it would straight out prevent coats from appearing at all. I would message the creators directly, but a lot of this is from Equus Sims and they're going through a forum transfer right now and I'm not actually a member, just a lurker. Because of the transfer, trying to communicate with the authors is impossible, as they randomly go AWOL constantly and dead links are everywhere.

As a veteran to testing and tweaking mods, I've even opened the custom markings that worked and the ones that didn't in S3PE to see what was different. The only difference I've found was that, in the non-working files' sections, 1A and 1C in the Clothing Category weren't checked to "True," which I've read full body markings require. These settings are set to "True" in the markings files that work.

My questions are: Should I bother testing and changing two dozen marking files to test this, has anyone else had this problem and fixed it with this solution? Does CAS simply have a limit on custom full-body markings that it will show? And finally, does anyone have any other ideas/possible fixes they would suggest?

Specs:
Processor: Intel i5-6200U, 2.4 GHz
RAM: 8gb
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 940MX 4gb VRAM

I just want more pretty horses to play with...