Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 8:43 PM
Default "Clearstory" windows for the Sims 2?
Hi guys,

I recently got the Sims 2 Super Collection on mac, and I'm really struggling to figure out why some mods work and others don't. I downloaded these windows, the download page they only require OFB which I have, yet they don't show up in my game whatsoever.

I guess I'm asking if anyone has seen a different conversion of the Clearstory windows from the Sims 3 Lucky Palms, or alternatively a similar sort of window set I could use? Thanks very much

Edit: Is it worth mentioning that my game actually recognises the windows as CC because I get a warning about them when I launch the game, it just doesn't show up in the catalogue.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 9:39 PM
It's odd your game recognises the files and yet they don't turn up. Did you enable CC in the start screen (the screen you are referring to)?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It's odd your game recognises the files and yet they don't turn up. Did you enable CC in the start screen (the screen you are referring to)?

I did, I've downloaded other CC that shows up fine.
Alchemist
#4 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 5:41 AM
I've just downloaded these to see, unpacked them from the file as sometime I find things that are in files for some odd reason dont show. They show for me, and are right at the end of the catalouge for $400 for the rectangular window and $500 for the triangle window. hope that helps some! But defo try by taking them out the folder if you already havnt!

Also have you got the CEP? Being slaved to the OFB windows they might require the CEP for them to show.

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ekrubynaffit
Also have you got the CEP? Being slaved to the OFB windows they might require the CEP for them to show.

No - CEP is ONLY for EAxis recolours and then only some.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 10:12 AM
You do need the CEP extra (at least I think it's a CEP extra) that fixed those OFB windows that the clerestory windows are slaved to, though, if you also have Apartment Life. The reason is that AL broke the OFB windows such that the recolors don't work, and without that extra those clerestory windows will flash blue. However, as far as I know they should still show in the catalog, so not showing in the catalog is a different issue altogether, one that I don't know the answer to. They show fine in my game. The only thing I can think of is that possibly the OP has a GUID conflict with something else they have in their game?

EDIT: Oh wait. OP's on a Mac. Therefore they don't have AL. Never mind my advice then! (Although the possible GUID conflict is still an issue.) But I'll leave it there in case someone with AL finds this thread at a later date.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 1:38 PM
Hey guys, thanks for your suggestions! I've tried the windows again without any other CC apart from the CEP (tested and made sure CEP was installed correctly) and the windows still aren't appearing. I've been in contact with the mod author on their Tumblr who seems to think it's a GUID issue as well, could it be something to do with me being on a mac? I've had these windows work fine on my old Windows laptop.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 5:43 PM
I have these windows myself so I had a look at them. They use a lighting source cloned from the tech windows that come with AL - that's probably why they're not showing for you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 9:42 PM
Oh wow, thanks for solving that for me! Is there any way I can use a different lighting source for the windows? Sorry about all this for one window guys, I feel like I'm too far down the rabbit hole now
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BourgeoisBanana
Oh wow, thanks for solving that for me! Is there any way I can use a different lighting source for the windows? Sorry about all this for one window guys, I feel like I'm too far down the rabbit hole now

There's a download somewhere on this site which talks about modding the lighting a light object has. If you have a look at that you might be able to work out how to do it. I'll see if I can remember who did it. It ws quite a well known modder of the game.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 12:02 PM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 11:06 PM
Thank you HL, I really appreciate it! Unfortunately the windows you linked still aren't showing in my game, is it still something to do with the lighting source?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 1:03 AM
I'm really sorry, they still aren't appearing in my catalogue. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, still no dice. I imagine it's something to do with my mac, it's just not made for this kind of stuff.