Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 2:35 PM
(Literally) Black and White Sims
Alright so, to be completely honest, I'm only about 65% sure that this site had Sims 2 Content but I have a vague memory that it did. Ideally I'd like to see this content for any of the Sims games (I have the lot) but Sims 2 seemed the best place to start: if this is in the wrong forum I'm incredibly sorry, I wasn't entirely sure which would be best.

With that aside let me give you the description: Long ago when I was just a wee nipper (alright about 2009 but you know), I found a Sims 1 CC site that included a series of Sims, objects and wallpapers retextured to be in just black and white. The idea being for making old-fashioned movies, of course this is a ludicrously complicated way of doing something that could be far more easily achieved with a video filter, but there is something charming about this method I'm sure you'll agree. And it allows for certain storytelling possibilities like colour Sims entering a black and white set (like the Goodies episode - if any of you have seen that).

I remember very little of the set (I was about 8) except that it had a pink or mauve sidebar that switched into black and white when you went to the movie subsection and that it included a lot of historical and particularly Victorian stuff. I know there were a few Sims of famous black and white movie stars (Charlie Chaplin was one I think) but besides that I can't remember a lot. Anyway thanks in advance for any help.

TLDR: I'm looking for greyscale recolours of Sims items for any of the games, specifically designed for use on vintage movie sets. I am after one specific website (described in the paragraph above) but any other content would be appreciated. Thanks
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 3:01 PM
It sounds as if this what you're lookin for - Retroville
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
It sounds as if this what you're lookin for - Retroville

Thanks so much! There actually seems to be more here than the website I was thinking of. I'm gonna have some fun with this..