Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 12:15 PM
Default WCIF - New Hood Loading Screen
I just installed one of these and it's beautiful, but, now, of course, the hood loading screen, which never bothered me one whit before... just looks so baaaaaad. I can't find if GreatCheeseCake has made hood loading screens. Anyone know a good one? Or know which file needs to be changed to make one?

http://greatcheesecakepersona.tumbl...loading-screens
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 1:53 PM
I wish I could download one of those. First time I wished I didn't have a square monitor. Mine is actually new-because I prefer square to wide-and yes Dell still makes them!

I believe I saw one of a live stream by Maks I think. The icon looked different I thought, but if it was a default it was subtle. Unless the UC uses different ones.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 2:23 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 13th Apr 2019 at 4:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I wish I could download one of those. First time I wished I didn't have a square monitor. Mine is actually new-because I prefer square to wide-and yes Dell still makes them!

I believe I saw one of a live stream by Maks I think. The icon looked different I thought, but if it was a default it was subtle. Unless the UC uses different ones.

@joandsarah77, It's nothing but a 2560x1440 image as far as I can tell. There is nothing else in the package. I think I could just change the dimensions of one to match your screen for you if you want to try it, or, of course, you could. We'd need a pic from your game you want to use. EDIT: I did experiment with this today and created my own with a pic of my own game and the screen resolution I use. I only noticed afterwards that these don't have spaces between the blocks on the bottom row. That seems to be true of all of them.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
@joandsarah77, It's nothing but a 2560x1440 image as far as I can tell. There is nothing else in the package. I think I could just change the dimensions of one to match your screen for you if you want to try it, or, of course, you could. We'd need a pic from your game you want to use. EDIT: I did experiment with this today and created my own with a pic of my own game and the screen resolution I use. I only noticed afterwards that these don't have spaces between the blocks on the bottom row. That seems to be true of all of them.

Could Ultimate Collection not be used though? I don't have or want to have the UC, I'm on all original separate disks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 5:58 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 13th Apr 2019 at 6:18 AM.
Could Ultimate Collection not be used though? I don't have or want to have the UC, I'm on all original separate disks.

I can use the one she made with the basegame logo. I'll just make one and you can see if it works.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 6:22 AM
Okay thanks, I wasn't sure if the BG one would work or if it had to be the UC version. I have my game loaded now, but if you drop it into Discord I will try it later tonight.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 6:23 AM
Okay thanks, I wasn't sure if the BG one would work or if it had to be the UC version. I have my game loaded now, but if you drop it into Discord I will try it later tonight.

I PMed you a link to SFS.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 2:49 PM
So it worked but the small logo showed up huge. I'm guessing that also needs resizing.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 5:56 PM
So it worked but the small logo showed up huge. I'm guessing that also needs resizing.

That's because I only edited her file, cutting around it, to preserve her transparency. That's the size of her logos and it's large in proportion to your screen size. I found it a little tricky to work with this. I had created a new logo shape to fix the issue I see in hers with the spaces between the boxes at the bottom. It looks great in the graphics program and is transparent as it should be, but when put in the package file, loses its transparency. Until I can fix that, all I can reliably do is edit the ones that already work.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 4:38 AM
I understand if it won't work, not many people prefer square monitors.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 2:50 PM
I understand if it won't work, not many people prefer square monitors.

The screen size is fine, just struggling a bit with transparency, but I sent you a new one that works fine in my game. Try it out.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 11:51 PM
Sorry to take over your thread like this. If I ever see any other screens I will post back here.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 12:05 AM
Sorry to take over your thread like this. If I ever see any other screens I will post back here.

@joandsarah77, no problem. I know, now, that the image is in the UI.package and I experimented with it a bit, but then moved on to other projects.
Did the last loading screen with the smaller logo work better for you?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 1:34 AM
Looks good! :D
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 1:45 AM
Looks good! :D

Great! I'm glad you are happy!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 9:37 AM
@joandsarah77 not hating, but why do you still use square monitors??? i can understand not wanting to use the uc, but square monitors? how does your game look with them? can you send a picture?

sorry for asking so many questions, i am just curious haha
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 9:53 AM
Because I like it! I tried a widescreen and didn't like it at all, I felt like I would have to either move my head or eyes from side to side. Same way I could not use graduated glasses, with those I ended up nodding my head to keep the page in focus.

It does unfortunately give me smaller pictures @redandvidya But good enough. I was more worried about getting my game to run, accept all my 14 gigs of CC and to stop the pink flashing then I am over my monitor size.

.... Also, I'm a stubborn old coot. :P
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 10:21 AM
Because I like it! I tried a widescreen and didn't like it at all, I felt like I would have to either move my head or eyes from side to side. Same way I could not use graduated glasses, with those I ended up nodding my head to keep the page in focus.

It does unfortunately give me smaller pictures @redandvidya But good enough. I was more worried about getting my game to run, accept all my 14 gigs of CC and to stop the pink flashing then I am over my monitor size.

.... Also, I'm a stubborn old coot. :P

I stuck with them, myself, for a very long time. I didn't like the way 16:9 pulled everything wider. I finally had to go with one with a laptop I wanted, but I totally get it. I refuse to go past Windows 7 or to get a touch screen or to go blue tooth on my headphones for much the same stubborn old coot kinda reason.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 11:01 AM
I think this is the one I have https://www.dell.com/ee/business/p/...917s-monitor/pd Bought brand new back in February. Yes, laptops have less wiggle room, I'm on a desktop. I think next computer I will get a little notebook to go online with and see if I can keep this running just for Sims 2. No *blanety blank* touch screens either, ugg my kids still me grief over how I swipe my phone.

It's hip to be square, don't ya know. Anyone old enough to get that reference can join me in the old coot club.

~Call me Jo~