Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 2:08 PM
your mean but i did get a new internet con so that's where i could see the differance in the speed but i have a problem with the downloads and some images showing up and some link are there

no ears
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 4:57 PM
ähm... avatars no prob... but i can't see any images or download anything. what the matter?
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 8:38 PM Last edited by BoaConstrictor : 11th Apr 2005 at 8:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simling14
Sorry to be a pain, but the forums have never worked slower :werd: ...
Also, why did you remove the date of thread creation (in the forumdisplay)? This way I have to go into the thread just to realize it's actualy old.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work

Delphy, did you notice? now we have the last poste impostering as the thread creation date!!

Concerning speed: most times it's incredibly slow. Download-pages sometimes can't be reached.

sorry, not complaining, just giving input
#79 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 9:15 AM
:mean: Can some body please help or give me instuctions on how to down load hair styles, objects, and clothes. Please :confused:
#80 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 9:17 AM
:howdy: That's the same with me. I can't create a avatar and I can't down load nothing
Test Subject
#81 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 9:37 AM
At last, the date of thread creation :wow: ! Thanks Delphy, now the site is back to normal (ok, ok, faster :nana: ).
Test Subject
#82 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 10:09 AM
ups... sorry - my mistake... download works!
:argh: :sorry:
Test Subject
#83 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tallandslim
:mean: Can some body please help or give me instuctions on how to down load hair styles, objects, and clothes. Please :confused:

THis doesn't belong here, post questions in the Site Tech Support Forum as a new thread, not in a thread about Download and Site Status due to a server upgrade.

BTW, Delphy, this site is rocking. Everything is running smooth as silk for me. DOwnloads are quick and pics in posts are showing up lightening fast. Great to see the site is back up and running. You guys keep up the great work :D

"You know what we do to nerds on the moon?? We pull down their pants and SPANK them with MOON ROCKS!!!"
#84 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 5:02 AM
Downloading and pages were touch and go there for awhile but they are working great now and the downloads are the fastest I have ever seen them!!! Thanks for all the hard work and effort you have put into revamping the site.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 9:59 AM
The site works like a dream now.. I know there are stll a few small kinks, but since clearing the backlog and getting everything going , well of course at this time when all the Americans are asleep it's perfect! but even when there are lots of people on everything works at least 1.5 if not two times faster for me. Great job and great reorganization Delphy, RGiles and whoever else.. birlliant.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#86 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 1:31 PM
Delphy, I just want to tell that when I said (some days ago) that I haven't noticed any speed-up in the site, probably the upgrade wasn't completed, yet. Now the site is very fast, and the downloads, too! Except for some moments of the day, when there are a lot of users connected at the same time (usually in evening, GMT, when it's the afternoon in America), the pages load in a flash.
Finally! Thank you very much for your hard work.
And the re-designing of the download section is great, too.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Faster kill pussycat
#87 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 5:06 AM
This is real fast BUT I can not upload it said that there is an Error and explorer has to shut down.The the net crashes and I have to log back in?? Is it just me or is this a knowen problem?
Nova
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#88 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 5:24 AM
Nova, has that happened more than once? We didn't make any changes to how uploading works, so it sounds like a fluke.

RG
Faster kill pussycat
#89 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 5:28 AM
Yeah I have tried all night and it will not let me.
I have tried Pics and flies and nothing works. I was going to up load my sim to share and I had to put her on TS2 and give the link. I could still up load pics. with photo bucket but then that stoped working to. I just thought you were all sick of hearing me! LOL here is a link to the sim I tried to UPload. not sure if it was a prob with her or not
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sea...untry=&view=new
nova
Faster kill pussycat
#90 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 5:32 AM
ok testing

Ok so that works. I also can not upload a File in to a thread that was already started. I was going to test that now to but the is no manage attachments
nov a

Now I'm not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions. Try walking in my shoes. You'll stumble in my footsteps.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#91 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 5:46 AM
Haha. Cute picture, nova. :D

You can't use a bulldozer to study orchids.
Faster kill pussycat
#92 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 6:10 AM
yeah it gets me every time!
:laugh:
nova
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 10:11 PM
I am having problems viewing images and also it wont let me upload images over the size of an image that i accidently uploaded??

Shameless
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 7:52 AM
A quick question: I'm using GetRight, and quite often, it won't turn the attachment.php into the actual file, and it says it's downloaded a webpage. Is this a server problem, or on my end?
Page 4 of 4