Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 11:05 PM
Default Origin Offline?
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I didn't find it anywhere.

I've had the game since yesterday, but I'm having the devil of a time installing it. It's trying to update Origin, but I don't think it finishes before it tries to make me log on to Origin, so it just tells me I can't log on to Origin for the first time while it's offline. I've checked my internet connection and while it's not as good as my old one, it's not dial-up or anything. It should work. I've never had problems logging onto Origin before and no matter what I do, it won't let me install the game. I've uninstalled and re-installed Origin three times, turned my laptop off twice, nothing seems to work.

Has anybody else had this problem? I've seen people talk about it on the sims forums, but they all just seem to agree that there's a problem, not offering a way to fix it. Is there a way to install it just from my discs and register with Origin later? I'm starting to get a little frustrated. Okay, a lot frustrated.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:26 AM
Have you tried to contact Origin about it?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:52 AM
Tried several times. Says there are no live people to chat with and I don't talk well on the phone.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 1:00 AM
Oh ok. Is it an option to get somebody else to call for you, perhaps? Because from what I heard, their tech support seems to be quite OK and if it's really their installer/updater that’s giving you problems, that would be something only they can help you with in the end.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 1:02 AM
It seems that now they're offering a phone option in an hour. Says that my wait time for a live chat is at least 45 minutes. I was hoping that someone else had had this problem and could help circumnavigate it. I'm wondering if it's just their servers are overloaded, but surely by now I could at least get it to download, even if it's super slow?