Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 8:50 AM
Adding texture to custom object
So I have made a custom prop to use with my poses in sims3. they are playing cards the sims can hold in the pose. It shows up fine in the game as an object, but I still need to color it. And I have no clue how to do it. I've tried adding the textures just in milkshape and using photoshop to create the texture and save it as jpeg. and ive tried Png and it doesn't show up(and yes the texture setting is set on it. It will view other random jpeg photos I have on the cards but not the one I need.
and also when I put the random photo on it, I noticed it automatically covers both sides of the card with it. I need both sides to be different obviously. How can I do that as well? The cards I made were just some Planes I added in milkshape. How would I make the two sides different?

Idk I need some major help.lol. I'm so close to being done, but this is taking longer than actually figuring out how to get it in the game.lol. and I'm doing a series and I cant continue filming until I get these cards in the game. (and no, I'm not going to re-script and leave out the cards. the cards are GOING to be in the series; damn ea for not adding playing cards in sims 3 like they did in sims 2!)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smudgetaz1
So I have made a custom prop to use with my poses in sims3. they are playing cards the sims can hold in the pose. It shows up fine in the game as an object, but I still need to color it. And I have no clue how to do it. I've tried adding the textures just in milkshape and using photoshop to create the texture and save it as jpeg. and ive tried Png and it doesn't show up(and yes the texture setting is set on it. It will view other random jpeg photos I have on the cards but not the one I need.
and also when I put the random photo on it, I noticed it automatically covers both sides of the card with it. I need both sides to be different obviously. How can I do that as well? The cards I made were just some Planes I added in milkshape. How would I make the two sides different?

Idk I need some major help.lol. I'm so close to being done, but this is taking longer than actually figuring out how to get it in the game.lol. and I'm doing a series and I cant continue filming until I get these cards in the game. (and no, I'm not going to re-script and leave out the cards. the cards are GOING to be in the series; damn ea for not adding playing cards in sims 3 like they did in sims 2!)
What did you clone as the base for your object prop?

To make your card have two sides for a front and a back you need to have two planes each facing different directions. These two planes need to be mapped to two different places on your object's map.