Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 9:08 PM Last edited by Esthero : 24th Jun 2010 at 7:30 PM. Reason: Found a Solution
Can't Extend Pool in Sims 3? [FIXED]
Ok, so I've checked everywhere for a thread on this problem, but couldn't find one.

So, I'm trying to create a pool and whenever I try adding to it, it keeps saying "Can't extend pool".
It is not too close to the "out of bounds" so that can't be the problem. I saw that many people have this problem on Sims 2 but not Sims 3. Am I the only one? (oh the unjust world!.. )
I have the base game, WA, and Ambitions.
My question: does anyone else have this problem(or is this humanity's way of revenge) or has anyone found a fix?
Thanks all ^_^
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 12:51 AM
This may be a lame suggestion but...did you remove the ladder(s) and anything else in the pool before trying to extend it? Also have you tried deleting the pool and starting over? I often have problems with pools, basements, stairs, fireplaces, etc and I usually end up deleting something and then replacing it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 2:04 AM
Ohh, lemme try. I had a staircase near the pool.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 7:14 PM
Nope, that didn't work. Deleted everything, yet it still cant extend pool. T^T
Theorist
#5 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 9:38 PM
Picture maybe?

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 12:45 AM
^^^
kk, uploading.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 2:06 AM
Default The pictures
Ok here is a picture of the pool so far. I tried to fill in the whole brown area.

Here is a photo for when I try to fill in one of the gaps. The measuring tape shows up, but nothing appears except for "can't extend pool".

Sorry if the pics don't show, this is my first time uploading.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:11 AM
Ah the pictures didn't post correctly. Might want to re download them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 7:26 PM
hmm, i think i deleted them from my screenshots
But I found that if you right click on the links and click open in new tab/window, they'll show.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 7:29 PM
Wow! I fixed it, lol. I don't even know how. I guess I really did have to delete things over and over till I finally got it. Thank you all for trying to help! Much appreciated. ^_^
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 2:50 PM
Sometimes. It can be because your ground is uneven. You can flatten the whole lot or use the cheat constrainfloorelevation false
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnimeLoverAngel
Sometimes. It can be because your ground is uneven. You can flatten the whole lot or use the cheat constrainfloorelevation false
While your reply does add to the thread, please do not dig up age old threads to bump them up, especially if the thread says "fixed" already.

Thread closed now since it is solved.
Locked thread