Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 10:11 PM Last edited by Annamally : 5th Apr 2019 at 3:46 AM.
Default How to color pet beds and pet objects?
Hey guys! Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've recently gotten into furnishing my Sims' homes (I used to do it very lazily back in my teenager years), but some of the pet beds and stuff don't really fit with my furniture color schemes. So, naturally, I thought of recoloring them, have done so with hair before and worked out just fine; the thing is, I can't seem to find these objects under SimPE's Object Workshop?

I've seen pet bed recolors so I know it has to be doable somehow, even if it doesn't use the Workshop. Can someone help enlighten this question to me? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 10:23 PM
If objects aren't showing up in SimPE, you need to check the SimPE preferences (found under "extra" tab) and see if it points to the right directories.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 6:39 AM
They're here.

Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
They're here.

*image*

Mine lacks these categories you have after "Party", I wonder why? D:

Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 11:41 AM
Did you check to make sure that the Pets path is pointing to the right directory?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Did you check to make sure that the Pets path is pointing to the right directory?

I don't think it does, but I'm a bit lost on which directory I should make it point to The Ultimate Collection folder has some of the EPs listed and the Double Deluxe one, I made it point to this one but it didn't work even so. Do you know which directory is it? Here's a screenshot of my folders:
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 10:24 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 31st Mar 2019 at 10:35 PM.
Best of Business - OFB, Ikea, K&B
Fun with Pets - Pets, FFS, M&G
Double Deluxe - BG, Nightlife, Celebrations

You may also want to fix the rest of the paths if you have the UC. Just in case the descriptions give you a headache, here's an overview:

SP1 - Family Fun
SP2 - Glamour Life
SP3 - None (possibly Happy Hoplidays, but it's saved in the BG Bin folder as H05/H06 bundle).
SP4 - Celebration
SP5 - H&M
SP6 - TSS
SP7 - K&B
SP8 - Ikea
SP9 - M&G

EP1 - University
EP2 - Nightlife
EP3 - OFB
EP4 - Pets
EP5 - Seasons
EP6 - Bon Voyage
EP7 - Freetime
EP8 - AL
Alchemist
#8 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 11:16 PM
Just thought I'd put this here for future googlers who need to set up SimPE with the right system folders for Ultimate Collection.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 10:54 PM
I've reassigned the system folder paths to match the ones simmer22 and Sunrader told me, but I still can't find the Pets folder under General. D:

In case it's relevant, I also have a patch installed for SimPE, the Mansion and Gardens one if I'm not mistaken, because some of the newer stuff wasn't showing up on it (for ex., First WooHoo memories). But since I haven't had the right folder paths before, not sure if the patch is messing this up.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 11:00 PM
Did you restart SimPE? You'll often have to do that before changes show up.
Also, do you have the CEP? If you do, I think there's a setting you need to fix for it to affect SimPE.
Alchemist
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 1:45 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 5th Apr 2019 at 12:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Annamally
I've reassigned the system folder paths to match the ones simmer22 and Sunrader told me, but I still can't find the Pets folder under General. D:

In case it's relevant, I also have a patch installed for SimPE, the Mansion and Gardens one if I'm not mistaken, because some of the newer stuff wasn't showing up on it (for ex., First WooHoo memories). But since I haven't had the right folder paths before, not sure if the patch is messing this up.

This may not matter to your question, but I'm using the latest version of SimPE. http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...319#post5338319

Your Pets family fun stuff link is different than mine, though. Mine says SP1, but you have EP4 there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:44 AM
Guys, it's finally working!

Apparently I had to update to the newer version from Sunrader's post, when I looked for SimPE I was taken to the german site so I didn't know which version I had, but even the UI is different so... very likely an outdated one :')
Just by launching it, all the paths were already correct, only one that was lacking was NVIDIA's but it's in place now, yay! Thank you so much for the help! :lovestruc