Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 5:05 PM Last edited by Hellfrozeover : 9th Feb 2019 at 8:24 PM.
Default MTS Meet the Creator - SweetDevil - February 2019

We have some amazing, talented creators here at MTS, so we decided to get to know them a little bit better! Our first creator is the lovely SweetDevil, who kindly consented to us throwing a few questions her way! She is well known for her high quality CAS items and EA clothing fixes (much to the relief and happiness of many MaxisMatch players) amongst her many uploads

1. When did you start playing The Sims Series and what attracted you to it?

I started playing a few months after TS3 was released, so about halfway of 2009? I looked up the series as a whole after I saw my best friend playing a Sims game on mobile, and I remember having to shake the phone violently to throw a lure and fish! The PC version sadly wasn't like that, or maybe I've been shaking my PC wrong all along

2. What is your favourite installment of the Sims series?

I've only played TS3 so I can't speak for the others, but TS4 doesn't look too bad "from the outside".

3. If you could only have one expansion/stuff pack from any of the series and it would work with your preferred instalment (1,2,3 etc), what would it be?

Definitely "IKEA Home Stuff" from TS2! I'd love to have it for TS3.

4. When did you start creating for the game and what made you decide to become a creator?

Around 2016. I wanted partly to contribute to the community in a way, and to find out more about the inner workings of the game.

5. What is your favourite thing about being a creator?

Absolutely NOT having to do bone assignments But to answer seriously, it's a tie between having something new to play with, and hoping that other people can find some use from what I make.

6. What was your first creation? Photos welcome!

It's some recategorized outfits from Ambitions, which I thought was so amazing to make (it was 90% changing flags in S3PE) ^^"

7. What creation are you most proud of?

At the moment? Probably the 'I See' set, because it's my first conversion for elders, and also because of the frills and ribbons :D

8. What is your most/least favourite thing to create?

I guess things that people request that I don't "click" with? Especially hairstyles. But I try my best because I know how disappointing it is to not find what you'd like, and if it's not too difficult to do, why not? I've learned a fair bit of things from projects I never would have attempted had someone not requested them. But if I had to pick one thing, it'd be converting the Beach Bunny hair for children. 9 mesh groups!

9. Are you influenced by any other creators (for The Sims or elsewhere)?

I'd say Simplex Sims inspired me to try my hand at adapting clothing for other age groups. And every time I see a CAS item by Hellfrozeover, I think "I want to do that someday" (am slowly getting there!).

10. Who is your favourite Sims creator(s)?

For CAS, probably Simplex Sims, for all her teen and elder conversions. For Build Mode, probably MissyZim (srsly I have way too many windows and doors). For Buy Mode, definitely Sandy / AroundTheSims.

11. What piece of CC would you recommend to anyone reading this (yours or otherwise)?

Can I recommend two pieces? The Gypsy Star Skirt by Kiolometro, and the SN slacks converted for females, by Io/Serabiet. Never load a game without them!

12. What tips do you have for up and coming creators?

Read the tutorials; don't be like me and skip things because you get impatient, because it WILL bite you in the ass later. Use the Sims 3 Recompressorizer to lower your package's file size. Corner whichever creator you can and ask questions!

Quick fire:

1. Maxis Match or Uncanny Valley?

Maxis Match for clothing, UV / adjust shine for hair!

2. Judy Bunch or Betty Newbie?

Judy, because she has a new hairstyle now :D

3. Freezer bunny or llama?

Freezer bunny all the way! Llamas are creepy and you will never change my mind on that.

4. CAS or Build Mode?

Build Mode, though the GBs of CAS CC would contradict that!

5. Cheats or no cheats?

Only building/game-fixing cheats for me!

Thank you so much for letting us get to know you a bit better @sweetdevil You can see more of Sweetdevil's CC and gameplay on her profile and her Tumblr!

____

Interested in coming up with and running events and engaging with the MTS community? MTS are looking for new community moderators, so head on over to see what's involved and get your applications in
6 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 5:43 PM
"from the inside"

This is awesome! Thank you, SweetDevil, for all the cool stuff you make for us -- and for your constant help in the WCIF forum!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 10:54 PM
I kinda dig this new thing. Love her CC as well.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 11:43 PM
Hurray!!! Congrats for the spotlight, @sweetdevil ! I've always loved your creations, and I enjoy talking to you via Tumblr and here on MTS. *Hugs*

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 1:25 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 1:59 AM
Lovely to hear more about one of my favourite creators! Thanks, SweetDevil!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 3:21 AM
Ohhhhh, this is neat. I've always liked when other forums did stuff like this in their online magazines. Nice to meet ya!
Alchemist
#8 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 9:39 AM
Thank you for the opportunity and lovely comments, everyone ❤ Can't wait to hear more about other creators in the future!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 9:58 AM
Awesome, It was lovely to learn more about you sweetdevil. So talented and so friendly and approachable; thank you for everything you do to make our games better!

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Instructor
#10 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 1:44 PM
What a good idea ! A great way to getting to know each other. And Sweetdevil seems very nice. Can't wait to see who comes next !

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 1:52 PM
Nice to meet you @sweetdevil

@Hellfrozeover I like this feature!
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 10:39 PM
@simsample thanks ! We'll be trying a few new things over the coming months, including more Meet the Creators.

Thanks as well to @sweetdevil for giving us such great answers, as well as for all of the CC that she shares and for all of the help that she gives other simmers and creators! Judy is always the right answer of course
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 8:33 PM
Congratulations @sweetdevil ! Im so glad you got chosen for this new feature!
You are always so kind and helpful at MTS and tumblrl!
Answering to so many questions helping with wcif threads and also giving back with your amazing creations.
And i absolutely love all your CC!
Thank you for everything you do for the community and also for still creating for the sims 3!
Btw i really love this new idea , very creative!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 10:52 PM
@sweetdevil i can't add more than what already said above but really thank you for everything you do
i love all your work :lovestruc
keep up the good work
Inventor
#15 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 6:10 PM
I love your creations, Sweetdevil!!! Thank you for them and for letting us know a bit more of the creator behind them.
Instructor
#16 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 1:54 PM
Such a great way to get to know you -- and an opportunity to tell you how much I've appreciated all you've added to my game. Your default replacements, fixes and conversions are the best. Thank you!