Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:28 AM Last edited by staralien7 : 22nd Feb 2019 at 5:25 PM.
Sul Sul! Here is my entry: Mrs. Crumplebottom was sick of the city & all the people in it with their depraved behavior and kissy-kissy stuff. Her estate was stolen by the bank, and that terrible Dina Caliente stole most of the rest of her money by suing her. If things were not bad enough, she finally gave in and let that Unsavory Charlatan have his way with her. She thought she had found true love at last until the morning she woke to find him gone along with the rest of her money! With a broken heart, she decided to find her a little house far away from it all where she and Mr. Tibbles could live out the rest of their days in peace and quiet. Thankfully she had hidden a little nest egg in her mattress so was able to buy a small cottage in a quite little town on the edge of nowhere. A small garden was perfect for her to grow her own veggies and flowers and with that and taking up bee keeping, she could earn quite a bit of money. She also decided to give painting a try when she found an old easel. Gone were the days of handbag swinging and sticking her nose into other people's business. Yes it's boring, but this old lady is ready to settle down and leave the world behind. Now if only her new neighbors would stop knocking on the door! Mr. Tibbles seems happy and he is all the company she needs.
Built in Brindleton Bay on the Hindquarter Hideaway lot
Lot size: 30x20
Price: $49,922
Lot Traits: Great Soil, Homey, Peace and Quiet

The cottage as well as Mrs. Crumplebottom and Mr. Tibbles can be found on the Gallery under Staralien7 and with the hashtags #MrsCrumplebottomsHideaway and #MrsCrumpleBottom I discovered someone else made her as well awhile back using the same hash tag so you will find mine and theirs. Since there seems to be a big interest in her atm, there could be more created soon. If I did this wrong, I apologize. It sucks to be a newb at doing stuff! Anyway..always have fun and always be your best you! Dag Dag!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 3:39 PM
What i heard, music and dance?

Field Researcher
#78 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 5:07 PM
Of course, to really appreciate Mrs C you have to have seen this.
[url[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOkwhYX9v_0[/url]

Edited to add: not working as a link, but you can copy and paste it.
Theorist
#79 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 5:42 PM
After "The Show Rafael!`s Crumplebottom" that seems like a challenge inside another challenge called: "Agnes: Madness returns".
No rules. Just find funny and stupid things about Ms. Crumplebottom.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#80 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 6:44 PM
This thread is great to come back to after a long day
Mad Poster
#81 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 6:50 PM
Staralien7: your house is just lovely; and the potting shed is coveted! And oh my! Ms. Agnes, I can only say it's a good thing you are doing that hussy boogie behind closed doors!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#82 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Right?! I had all those spikes in the way in mine, ugh. I hid my Travellers' Caravan among hood trees on a lot, and that was a nuisance, too. If you have one, I'd love to see a zoom out of your lot to see how you did your mountain and trees.

It's nothing special, but here...
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#83 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 9:02 PM
Finally got around to doing this

Built in Twinbrook, don't remember the lot name
Game: TS3
Size: 20x20
Price: 35,000

Rules followed: No electronics other than appliances and lighting - most of the lights are candles, even ; P
Used dated decor

Bonus challenge: Made a room for Mr Tibbles

I did end up using a bit of CC, ATS' cargeaux stove and Ladesire's victorian sewing set

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Test Subject
#84 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 10:32 PM
I think I'll give this a try, never uploaded anything...but first time for everything. It will be my first upload ever.
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#85 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:25 AM
Magnificent barren, floral hell manse (I mean this in the best possible way for Ms. C ) Great work!
Test Subject
#86 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 3:12 PM
Alright, managed to get my house up and ready! Did No CC for this one, but that's kind of easy considering I've turned off CC for the time being. Mr. Tribbles also got a small room, PLUS the lay of the land. Cats are better than humans, so feline visitors are the only ones allowed to visit without being hit by a restraining order from Mrs. C.

Game: Sims 4
Lot Size: 30x20
Lot Value: $29,636
Lot Traits: Cat Hangout, Peace and Quiet, Private Dwelling
Mad Poster
#87 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:16 PM
It's amusing to see how many people went for the added alliterative appeal of naming their lots "Crumplebottom Cottage."

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#88 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:59 PM
I just arrived here to remember the oldschool video starring Ms. Crumplebottom that was named "Hit me baby one more time <with a handbag>".

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#89 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 12:19 AM
Super excited to try my first MtS challenge. I finally feel like this is one I could manage
Field Researcher
#90 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
Of course, to really appreciate Mrs C you have to have seen this.
[url[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOkwhYX9v_0[/url]

Edited to add: not working as a link, but you can copy and paste it.

OMG hilarious LMAO! Who need cops or special forces?? BAH! All you need is a older woman and a handbag.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 8:06 AM Last edited by simsmidgen : 25th Feb 2019 at 8:26 AM.
No clean or modern lines here at all Very secluded little spot

Game : Sims 3
Lot Size : 20x15
Value : §29,995

Store items used but no 3rd party cc used
Theorist
#92 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 10:07 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 25th Feb 2019 at 7:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
No clean or modern lines here at all Very secluded little spot

Game : Sims 3
Lot Size : 20x15
Value : §29,995

Store items used but no 3rd party cc used

Haha! This becomes pretty asylum. Ms. Crumplebottom now is a stationmaster! Think she`s someone who screams even following the departing train and used mortier to pay herself attention. What about magic wands? There are to shake the desease)

Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#93 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 6:32 PM
Wow, she fell on some hard times there Dina really cleared her out! Great job :D
Mad Poster
#94 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 7:37 PM
WOH! She can cooks inside?! Has died of fire?

Test Subject
#95 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 3:10 AM
So here's my attempt at Ms. C's retirement home after a successful career of keeping people in line. She decided it was so embarrassing she needed to retire she used her remaining strength to make it into a place called the Forgotten Grotto. There she built her home where she could accept her oldness and die in shame alone. No one lives forever. I hope Ms Crumplebottom finds the home acceptable. It doesn't have a garden but I added plenty of plants to make up for it. I also added a sewing room for her.

I forgot to get a picture but there's also a bathroom downstairs.
Theorist
#96 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cats12490
So here's my attempt at Ms. C's retirement home after a successful career of keeping people in line. She decided it was so embarrassing she needed to retire she used her remaining strength to make it into a place called the Forgotten Grotto. There she built her home where she could accept her oldness and die in shame alone. No one lives forever. I hope Ms Crumplebottom finds the home acceptable. It doesn't have a garden but I added plenty of plants to make up for it. I also added a sewing room for her

Do you think Ms. Crumplebottom feels the shame of die alone? The game story said she is blood-connected with Mortimer and Dina Caliente. But her own character sets her against them.
Nice shelter btw. You need to add some specs to match the guidlines.

Test Subject
#97 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 11:58 AM Last edited by snowietig : 26th Feb 2019 at 12:11 PM.
This was so much fun! I haven't done a challenge or posted on here in ages!

Lot Size: 20x20
Price: $34,749 (Darn you, Calientes!)
Includes CC and a room for Mr. Tibbles

Agnes temporarily lost her hideaway when the lawsuit left her with next to nothing. Just when it seemed like she'd never find a place worthy of her and Mr. Tibbles... her very own home came back on the market! The young upstart house flippers who bought the thing threw out their backs tearing out the original fireplaces--and now they needed to sell ASAP to pay their medical bills. Stupid kids! That's what you get for messing with the antiques! Crumples got her precious house back for next to nothing (guess you can't negotiate real estate with a bad back--ha!) and, though she wasn't able to salvage the fireplaces, she covered up the damage nicely. And everyone had always thought she was crazy for hoarding all that wallpaper!

Ole' Crumply loves how low maintenance it is to be left with barely any furniture--it emphasizes the starkness of the high ceilings and makes it easier to find her handbag. That and, let's be honest, there was never much room in the place to begin with. She still has the important stuff: multiple litter boxes for Mr. Tibbles, her rock-hard single bed, and, of course, an antique telescope, great for catching unruly hooligans getting too handsy on their night out.
Test Subject
#98 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 2:54 PM
I want... No. I need Rafael!'s Ms. in my game! Please, tell me that there is a place where I can find her and beg her to come live in my humble save?
Test Subject
#99 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Seraphyna Lux
Game: Sims 4
Also, I made Ms. Crumplebottom and Mr. Tibbles and you can download them separately from the building.

I can't find them are they on your gallery or mts profile? I'd love to play with them, but I'm far too lazy to create them myself (especially since I suck at cas )
Mad Poster
#100 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 12:02 AM Last edited by gazania : 15th Mar 2019 at 7:12 PM.
My approach is like some here. I don't see Mrs. C. as liking lots of clutter at all. Everything in its place. Practicality over frills. She doesn't mind an embellishment or two. Just not too many!

Her hideaway was apparently a house that the original Agnes Crumplebottom (from Sims 3) owned in the late 40s, before she expanded her criminal empire and moved into a huge house. It was part of a failed real estate deal with apparently shady undertones. Either that, or it was the first Agnes' secret hideaway from the law. The history of the house is pretty blurry. The current Mrs. C remembers the first Agnes faintly. Some of the former Agnes' belongings were still in the house when the current Agnes moved in. The place is in a remote area of town.

Mrs. C particularly liked the use of a pointy fence to discourage trespassers. Not too many steps! She can't bound up them as fast as she used to. And because of the steps, she wanted a one-story house.

The foundation has been shrunk, making Mr. Tibbles a house cat. This is fine with Mrs. C.

The house is based on a real-life house plan from the late 40s. Supposedly, Sims 3's timeline is in the 50s, though ... it's complicated. https://www.flickr.com/photos/daily...57604445565955/ I deliberately made sure the house style was out BEFORE 1950. Barely, but it was!

Next, side and back views. Oh, and the top and the floor plans. That sort of stuff.

The shower in the bathroom is fine, since Mrs. C. has a little trouble getting into tubs. (I normally don't post pictures of bathrooms unless they are super-deluxe or that picture is required.) There are two dwarf fruit trees in the backyard ... an orange and a lemon tree. Other than that, pine trees, please. Mrs. C. wants to rake as little as possible.

The hallway has a table for two, though since people don't normally come to visit, Mrs. C. switches chairs to try wearing them out more evenly. Mr. Tibbles sometimes joins her. The wallpaper ... super-neutral and super-practical. Mrs. C. keeps her knitting on one of the trunks. She likes old clocks, and makes sure they keep good time. There is a picture of the first Agnes C in the hallway.

Mr. Tibbles' room is also simple, but Mrs. C makes sure he is comfortable. There are shades instead of curtains because Mr. T. liked to bat at the curtains. Oh, and short curtains and shades throughout. (Source ... my friends' cat and what happened to THEIR curtains.)

The living room has a chessboard, where Mrs. C. will play against herself. Two bowling trophies are on the fireplace mantel. Back in the day, Mrs. C. could bowl a mean game! There is no need for a TV ... too much indecent material on it.

Mrs. C. loves her tea. Loves, loves her tea. An improper cup of tea can spoil her day ... not that it takes much to spoil it. A touch of brandy in her favorite beverage keeps her warmer on winter nights. If she is not inclined to a nip of brandy, and in season, the orange and lemon trees provide good citrus flavor for her caffeinated beverage of choice. Outside, she grows chamomile and echinacea for non-caffeinated tea, as well as a bit of lavender both for drinking and to help her sleep. She tries not to guess why that part of the garden seems so fertile. She heard rumors about the former Agnes and all, but that's claptrap. It must be claptrap. (Note: In Sims 3, the older Agnes C is in the criminal career.)

The flowers in the front are made of fine plastic. Mrs. C is not a huge gardener. She is too busy showing those brazen Sims how to behave.

So here you are. A house that is as practical as Mrs. C.'s sensible shoes.

Personal thoughts: After gussying up lots in contests and challenges, it was not as easy as I thought to deliberately tone things way down and make a practical lot deserving of a grumpy lady. I used a couple of memories as inspiration; one in particular involving a great-aunt's house. I remember so much brown, dull green, white and gray in that house, though it could be the imagination of a young child. I hated going there!

The no-modern-conveniences was a little puzzling. My 89-year-old mother freaks out at a cell phone, yet has a TV, landline phone and radio. So I went for a kind of compromise, reading the posts about radios to make sure I still met the requirements. I tried to keep my mother's needs in mind while designing the lot. While this house has stairs, there are only two, and an elderly person could hold on to the rails or even the planter or half-wall while climbing them.

This entry is a little sloppy, I know, but this was an informal challenge, and the problems aren't so, so bad. No ... this probably wouldn't have even made the Top 4 in a contest. I see some things I should have changed. Unfortunately, I would have had to use the no-CC shell I made in a clean hood and completely replicate this house all over again. At this point, I'm glad to at least finish an entry! And yes .... I do have a no-CC shell of this house, but it's so plain that I don't think it will be in hot demand. It will do well as a college campus house for a single Sim in my game, though, and that's probably where a copy of the shell is headed next ... much more jazzed-up, of course, with at least 70% less brown and gray, and some wall re-arrangement.

This was fun. Oh, and no offense to tea drinkers. I really like tea myself. Sans brandy. (The brandy was something my husband's grandmother swore was a good winter beverage.)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Page 4 of 7