Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 5:45 PM
Default I hardly see any discussions for Sims Life Stories!
It's the first Sims game I picked up, and it got me hooked. I think it's good for someone just starting out. You play through Riley's Story and Vince's Story and it walks you through it.

When I heard that SLS was a pared-down version of Sims 2, I was like, "there's more?"

And the rest is history....

BTW you can do something sneaky at the end of Vincent's Story. Before Naomi is hit by the satellite, immediately use his money to buy up a bunch of stuff--it's use it or lose it--and put it in his inventory. Then when he and Naomi move into their new house (and get married), he can sell off his stuff or do whatever.

Take that, Grimmy!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 6:02 PM
I guess it could be good for a first timer,but it was boring for me even having played the base game only. That said I still used it until I got more expansions because it had nightlife objects. =p
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 6:32 PM
I have all the EPs now, just need the Glamour Life Stuff Pack.

I've noticed that there are elements of almost all the EPs in Life Stories.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 11:21 PM
I have a copy, which I used to use as a 'portable' version of The Sims 2 for my laptop (as the laptop was a bit too under-specced for the full game). It's a good 'lite' alternative to TS2, because you can play it in the 'Free play' mode which is like a cut-down TS2 where you can just do your own thing rather than play through the stories that come with it (I never played either of them), PLUS I found that about 95% of the custom content I had for TS2 works in Life Stories, with the exception of just a few mods that are incompatible. And as you said, you do get the small bonus of having some of the objects from various TS2 expansion packs.
Inventor
#5 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 2:45 AM
I guess that's just because most people here play the expanded PC version.

I myself have not played, or ever even seen one bit of Sim Life stories. Pure Sims2 PC player.
Scholar
#6 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 6:17 AM
I also have Life Stories (and Castaway, but it's annoying to try and play in Free Mode) on my laptop. But I stupidly bought them AFTER I got addicted to TS2. I guess I'm just so used to the full version that I could never really get into Stories. My laptop still has good enough specs for base game TS2, so I installed that there. Depending on what happens with my Education Faculty applications (and residence if I end up moving), that may well be all I can play if I can't bring the desktop with me.

*shudders at the prospect of Sims 2 withdrawal*
Instructor
#7 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 6:41 AM
I don't know much about Life Stories. I've been playing the Sims since Sims 1, I vaguely remember when Life Stories was coming out, all I knew was that it didn't interest me. For what it seems it's a good thing to get someone started in playing the sims, but since I've been playing forever I guess I wouldn't need that.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 7:07 AM
Ahh, Life Stories. They were the gateway game to the harder versions (LOL) for me. I played Vince's story, then I did Free Play (never did the girl's). Eventually, I got Double Deluxe for my birthday. I got addicted to that, pawned off Life Stories to buy the Pets expansion pack

I'm wanting to get the Castaways one, but since I'm too poor to buy more expansion packs, I have to wait till July for my birthday or -shudder- December for Christmas.

But I think it's the best way to get into the games.

Don't worry; my avatar is meant as a compliment. :)
Scholar
#9 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 7:09 AM
I remember when Life Stories was released, but I was never really interested in it. To be honest, it looked like a pretty watered down version of TS2, and I figured I would just play TS1 until TS2 became more accessible (AKA, get a new computer.)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 7:36 AM
I have all three Stories on my netbook. It's a great Sims-on-the-go for lower powered portable PCs. My favorite by far is Castaway, I love the objects and the interactions with the plants just kill me. (eat coffee, monkey around... )
Scholar
#11 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 7:46 AM
I play TS2+expansion on a laptop. It really doesn't run too bad.

But Castaway Stories always interested me! I have it on PS2, I had been looking into it for the PC (since I bit the bullet and bought TS3, why not spend $20 more on Castaway? XD)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 1:31 PM
I did the Free Play first, then tried the stories themselves.

One of these days I may play Bitville again. Vince and Naomi have two children in mine, a daughter named Zoe that they adopted, and a son of their own, whose name I forget right now.

Typically adopted children aren't the best looking, but Zoe was a cute little girl and is an attractive Teen.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prosthetics
I play TS2+expansion on a laptop. It really doesn't run too bad.

It runs on noteboooks fine, but netbooks weren't made for heavy games. It can run TS2, I just don't wanna fry the graphic card.
Scholar
#14 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 3:21 PM
Yeah, I'm lucky mine runs. I have a notebook, but it was bought with word-processing and internet usage in mind only, so the specs are somewhat lacking for full-out TS2 gaming (Vista, of course. I still have to see if running the game in Compatibility Mode fixed that refusal to send Service NPCs onto the lot).