Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 12:40 PM
Default Insimenator or Sim Blender?
I'm new to the Sims and I'm really enjoying Sims Life Stories. I'm in free play mode in Riley's story (since I finished it) and I want to age a townie so he can marry one of my sims. I've been researching this and read about two possibilities: the Insimenator and the Sim Blender.

Has anyone here used either of these? Any thoughts on which is better?

Thanks!
Maggie
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 12:51 PM
I use both. For simple things like aging sims up the blender can be more convenient (as long as it's already placed in the house). The insiminator you do have to be familiar with which item you want to use and it's name to you can quickly click the ground and spawn it...but it's easy to get used to after a while.
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 7:34 PM
Thanks for your reply!

I do not already have the Sim Blender in the house. Is it difficult to put in or...?

Which version of the Insimenator would you recommend?

Thanks!
Maggie
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 4:21 AM
Sim Blender is definitely not difficult, you just need the file in your downloads folder then you purchase the blender (which looks like a house plant) from the buy mode catalog in game. It's under misc>misc IIRC.

As for insim, I use the DEST edition, as it is just my personal preference to spawn the items whenever I need them. I haven't tried the other versions so I can't really say which is the best for ease of use overall.

Sorry for the late reply!
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 5:09 AM
No problem at all! I appreciate your response!

Do you know which, if either, will allow me to age a townie I do not control? I installed the Insimenator (OBJ version) and it seemed like I could only age my active sim. I will have to try the Sim Blender, too.

Thanks again!

Maggie
Forum Resident
#6 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 6:20 AM
With the blender you can age a sim who is not selected/controlled by you, but they have to be on the same lot as a controlled sim and the blender.

Unless I am missing an option it looks like insim will only allow you to age a sim who is selected or under your control.