Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#101 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 8:53 AM
I want to say thanks for all the work that goes into this site. I have donated a couple of times, and it is a small repayment for all the great information and free 'stuff' available here. I have benefited immensely from the advice of others when things wouldn't work, and I hope I have offered 'quality' creations for others to enjoy, just as I have enjoyed the work of other people.

I would be very sad to see the site disappear. I'm in no hurry for Sims 3 - I don't even have any EPs yet!

Thanks to Delphy and the rest of you for all your efforts.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 9:07 AM
Wishing I was able to donate , I would certainly do so. All I can say is thanks to Delphy and to everybody who has or is going to, because I love this site. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#103 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 9:24 AM
I've put in what I can manage - it's seems like so little when I think about all that I've recieved from this place - not just sharing downloads, but those excellent tutorials as well.

thanks delphy et al - you've been doing a great job under difficult circs and I'm sorry some people haven't been patient about the problems - the rest of us really do appreciate all the work.
Test Subject
#104 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 10:05 AM
I just found this site recently and I'm blown away at how dedicated you people are to hosting all this custom content. I really appreciate it because I love the sims! Anyway, I'm an extremely poor student living in Australia but I will do what I can to send some money your way. Thanks for all you've done!
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 10:20 AM
QX links were faster and easier, the normal insert download is a pain and can have download problems. I dont care what you have to sacrafice, as do many others, but get QX back because its faster even if the download speed was 1/10 of what it normally was!
Test Subject
#106 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 10:22 AM
I am confused?? People are saying they can't donate because they are in the UK (or other places). I can, and I am in UK. I go to the paypal link and it pays from my account in dollars. It works the same way when I buy things from Australian webistes to deliver to my bother in Australia. You pay in the currency and somewhere between the site and your bank it gets converted.

(And a quick get out clause incase in this instance I have been charged for doing this - doesn't show on online banking yet ; ) )

Brief thanks to all creators and Delphy and co. My donation probably calculates at 0.000000004 pence per download so I feel very cheap really!

keep up the good stuff

Claire
Test Subject
#107 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 11:57 AM
Heh... Its no big deal really. Delphy will explain if he wants to.

Andee.
Instructor
#108 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 12:52 PM
I simply can't afford to donate to a site that I cannot download from. I don't get any errors as such just messages saying cannot connect to server. This is almost constant for me. I only use Internet Explorer and don't use any downloaders or other web browsers.
ZenFrog76

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#109 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 1:26 PM
hi im sorry that i cant donate because im just a kid and i live in the U.A.E so nowhere near U.S.A but you have my full support, im so sorry but i know that everything will evenout in the end.

cheers
xx
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#110 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 1:41 PM
Okay well I'm getting rapidly annoyed with babysitting servers, and we have bandwidth to burn so I'm going to turn off the throttling on chii for a couple of days - downloads might take a little while to start but should be fast on that server.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 2:23 PM
Delphi good luck, i'm glad to see there are many donations done. I have downloaded here many things and so i think it is a small courtesy for me to do something back. Its given with love for this great site
Scholar
#112 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 3:04 PM
Yep this little plus on Chii server is salutary, thank you Delphy ! With it I manage to download today the adorable "little pearl" oufit for toddlers.

We are at roughly 75 % to the goal of the donation ! If we can fullfil this objective we will have a new server and I guess the end of all this downloads problems. :p

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Mad Poster
#113 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 3:06 PM
I've been following the donation progress bar with great interest. There are SO many people out there who could donate only $5 US for whatever reason. (Limited income, currency conversion issues, etc.) I see that often, the bar inched up about $5 at a time. Yet all those tiny donations have done something amazing. We have less than a thousand dollars US to go, and the drive started only yesterday.

Wow. Those teeny donations added up really fast. And this has been happening despite a lot of recent nonsense and annoyances.

So keep those teeny donations coming! Though larger ones, too, are pretty darn nice, and many, many thanks to those donating over $5, too.
Test Subject
#114 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 4:00 PM
I will donate as soon as I get paid! I'm new to this site, but in awe of the imagination, talent, and utter quality of work I see in the uploads. Wow. I have no artistic talent, and not enough patience to do that! I don't personally want anything for my donation either. I don't agree with patzeep that just because you donate you should get something . . . that's why it's called a donation. Thanks for all the really great stuff! JT
Field Researcher
#115 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 4:11 PM Last edited by tumleee : 27th Jul 2007 at 4:46 PM.
i'm not the one to speak the loudest or the most in any fora, but that doesn't mean i don't care.

i am following the development of mts2 with increasing interest and, i should be ashamed to say, i am beginning to understand the amount of work that is put in to this site.

when i first started coming here i did take the site for granted. i gotta be honest. i was here for the downloads. i had just got my sims2 game and was thrilled over all the great stuff here and downloaded practically everything in sight. it took some time for me to realize that this was not just a site to come grab your stuff then leave; there actually was a community here with people who freely wanted to share their creations. i think that is so generous! :lovestruc and now to be a little part of it - i feel honored.

i cannot thank you enough, the wonderful staff, all the dedicated people who administrate this site, in one way or another, all the amazing creators that bring life and fun into my game. mts2 is a site i visit every single day and would very much like to continue visiting.

i am waiting for some funds to be transferred to my paypal account so that i can donate something for a new server. please don't reach the goal before my funds are transferred! i wanna be in on the new server

it may sound simple and easy, but it's heartfelt - thank you mts2 staff
Test Subject
#116 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 4:17 PM
I absolutely adore this site! Its the only site I use and couldnt wait to donate what I could. Thank you Delphy and all the talented people here. You've made my simming addiction hard to break
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 4:55 PM
Tiggerypum- your right I don't agree thanks for getting me straight on that matter.

Mulege- In my opinion mts2 is a very special unique site because they really provide us with great modding tutorials that no other site is willing to offer. The Exchange site is the mother site of sims fansites, but mts2 should not join together since to me they are in two different catagories. To me the exchange site is a good place for beginners lol like myself and it was most likely put together by the elite team that started the sims games series period. I don't really know but it was just a guess.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#118 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Secun687
The Exchange site is the mother site of sims fansites, but mts2 should not join together

I also refer you to the angry protests on April 1st, first, and last, day of the MTSExchange

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#119 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 5:49 PM
I just finished re-reading this for the fifth time and I noticed that when Sims 3 comes out this site will be gone,is that true?I hope not because there are so many good things on here for sims 2
Test Subject
#120 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:09 PM
Do you guys file under 501(c) and if so do you issue tax receipts for donations?
Test Subject
#121 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:31 PM
I hope if a mod the sims 3 site is made it will be a part of this site.

Sims 2: The best game ever.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:02 PM
It isn't much, but I hope it helps. I only wish I could give more.

Like my pictures? Check out the full sized art at http://makibird.deviantart.com
Test Subject
#123 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:13 PM
I hope you meet the goal! I can see you're getting pretty close! I've been coming here for a very long time and I decided it's time to give back. I hope it helps.

RIP Bugsy! The best cat in the world! 4-5-90 - 5-28-07
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 8:28 PM Last edited by autumnfoxx : 27th Jul 2007 at 8:36 PM.
I just signed up as a monthly supporter, and I will try my best to continue. I'm not doing too well financially these days, but with all the money I've given to paysites in the past (I'm so ashamed), this is the least I can do.

Edited to add I'm really surprised by how few here are willing to part with $5 a month. If you are getting Rose or Peggy hair, you are paying way more than this. I find this to be a much more worthwhile cause. If you can't afford it, that's ok. No worries there at all. Trust me, I understand. However, if you are subscribing to a paysite and refusing to give here, that is really quite sad.
Test Subject
#125 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 8:30 PM
I truly wish I could have given more but I'm literally counting pennies right now so I hope I small contribution helps.
Locked thread
Page 5 of 13