Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2006 at 5:12 PM
Default Can't delete file - in use by another process?
I've been using this program fine for weeks now until today. I have been deleting hair meshes and recolors that were included in zip files Sim FIle Maid found corrupted. Now, for some of these package files, I am getting a message that I cannot delete the file, it is in use by another process. The game is not running, nor is Sims 2 File Maid, or Content Manager. Anyone have this problem and had it resolved?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 3:22 PM
Are you using Windows XP & is your filesystem NTFS? If so, this is a common problem. There are a couple of solusions.
1) Reboot & then delete the files.
2) Open a Command Prompt (Start Button, RUN then type CMD). Use DOS commands to move to the directory & delete them that way. (works about 85% of the time)
3)This is the most reliable & unobtrusive way. Go to http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ and download the File Unlocker Shell Extension (version 1.8.3 at the time of this writting). Install the app (when installing, it use the default location, when the "Choose Components"screen is displayed UNCHECK the "Assistant" box & CHECK the "SendTo Shortcut" box. I have found that the Assistant can cause some stability issues on certain systems). Now, find the files that are LOCKED, right -click on them and select UNLOCKER. A window will pop up showing every process that has the file locked. Usually it is explore.exe. Click the button "UNLOCK ALL". You should now be able to delete the file(s).
Hope this helps.