Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:39 AM Last edited by KhaoticWolf : 23rd Nov 2018 at 10:11 PM.
Default Neighborhood Grass Slab?
I'm using the Downtown neighborhood that came with the game, but I don't like the concrete terrain because it doesn't have any grass. I'm looking to place some grass in certain spots, so I came across some 5x5 concrete slabs that show up in both neighborhood and lot view. Unfortunately, I don't see a grass version of the slabs, so I was wondering if anyone knew of anything similar to that. The link below shows the slabs and how they look under neighborhood deco objects.

https://slig.dreamwidth.org/22305.html#cutid1
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:14 AM
If you can find a suitable grass png it's easy to recolour. I just tried but the texture is too big, looks more like the jungle.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If you can find a suitable grass png it's easy to recolour. I just tried but the texture is too big, looks more like the jungle.

Does it show up in both lot and neighborhood view?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 4:20 AM
I took a quick look, yes it does but it's really thick.

Edit: You said above it showed in lot view though.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 4:39 AM
I took a quick look, yes it does but it's really thick.

Edit: You said above it showed in lot view though.

Oh I just realized what you meant. Like, just recolor the slab to make it look like the grass. True, maybe I should forget it because it looks weird with the thickness. I just wish there was something like a terrain paint that shows up in both lot and neighborhood view. Nonetheless, thank you so much for your help!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 4:50 AM
Yeah sorry it doesn't look better in lot view I would have done a better recolour for you if you found me a good picture, but that thickness makes it look kind of silly IMO.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 9:56 PM
Yeah sorry it doesn't look better in lot view I would have done a better recolour for you if you found me a good picture, but that thickness makes it look kind of silly IMO.

Omg, guess what? I found a download on Tumblr that had a patch of grass that can be placed in neighborhood view and be seen in lot view as well. It's similar to the alleyways that can be seen in both views. On top of that, it's not thick like the first one I was looking at. I'm so happy. I thought I'd share the good news lol! I'll even share the link just in case someone needs it.

http://jodeliejodelie.tumblr.com/po...download-at-sfs