Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 7:30 AM Last edited by sinnocently : 15th Oct 2023 at 9:58 PM.
Default [Solved] Issue With Glass Reflecting Pattern...
Hello!

So I have just recently been trying my hand at this cc making thing, so I'm a total newb so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question! But I edited the shower to take out the shelves and I have spent days through trial and error and FINALLY got the glass to even show up in game (turns out I forgot to assign the bones ) Really simple stuff, I know, but I'm trying!

Anyway, I've got it in game and I see that, for some reason, the glass is reflecting the tile pattern of the shower, and I don't know how to fix it. It doesn't do it with solid colors, just patterns, so maybe the reflectivity? I'm not sure if I need to change any of the values/settings under the materials tab in TSRW? I've put pictures below showing what I mean. I tried tweaking some of the settings but tbh I'm not sure what half of them mean anyway lol. Does anyone know what's going on here? The original shower is on the right and mine is on the left.

Edit to add: There's nothing under the specular for the shower I made in game and in the pictures here, I just forgot to delete it when I was messing about with the settings before posting here.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Oct 2023 at 10:00 PM Last edited by sinnocently : 15th Oct 2023 at 10:14 PM.
I figured out the issue. There was a square tile-shaped specmap under the tile pattern conflicting with the glass I assume. I deleted it and imported a regular specular and it fixed the issue.