Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 9:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default how do i delete all sim relationships in SimPE
i was following the instructions for creating a clean custom neighborhood but i don't understand what to do for one step:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,5861.0.html
(what i don't understand is bolded)

"4b) Creating custom townies and downtownies

In CAS create as many townies as you like, of whatever ages, genders, and using any content you like.
No need to bother with names at this time. I simply named them 1 to 8 for each group.

My own setup is the following:
Group 1: males -- create 8 adult male Sims
Group 2: females -- create 8 adult female Sims
Group 3: Miscellania 1 -- create 2 elder males, 2 adult females, 2 teen males, 2 teen females. Set the teens as children to any adult female.
Group 4: Miscellania 2 -- create 2 adult males, 2 elder females, 2 child males, 2 child females. Set the children as kids of any adult male.
This leads to 32 townies: 10 male adults, 10 female adults, and 2 of each gender of the other age groups. This leads to an average spread of ages and genders. But you are of course free to chose anything you like.

Move group 1 in a lot, and pause the game. If you also want to make your own NPCs, refer to the note above about the Sync Timer in 4a.
Buy the Ingelogical Teleporter Shrub or Painting (or another teleporter such as the inSIMenator module). I use the Teleporter Shrub in this example.
Select Sim 1, and make them a townie using the teleporter. Repeat this for Sims 2 to 8.
Using the teleporter, summon the Sims from the other groups you created, and move them in using the shrub. Then make them into townies.
You should have no playable Sim left on the lot after you're done. Save and quit the game, and check the character folder. You should now have 32 Sims: all your custom townies.

Now open SimPE, and select all Sim Relationships you see. Delete them! You (probably) don't want your townies to have family relationships with each other.
Start naming your townies anything you like. If you like, also give them skills, jobs, and gender preferences.
Note that if you do not give them a job they will get a random one the first time they're loaded, and their skills will be randomized accordingly.
Save the 'hood file, and you're done."

could anyone explain how to do that? in two groups of townies i created, there were 4 children to one adult male and 4 teens to one adult female, how can i delete the relationships that the instructions are talking about? i don't want to mess my neighborhood up :-(
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 10:40 PM
Are there already playables in the neighbourhood?

The SRels can be see as a group of resources in SimPE. You would select them all, right-click and delete.

But if there are already playables, you will be deleting their relationships too.

You might find it more comfortable to use SimBlender or do it manually in each sim file (though that's going to be a big job). Personally, I don't mind if townies have relationships with each other. I usually make them that way.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Are there already playables in the neighbourhood?

The SRels can be see as a group of resources in SimPE. You would select them all, right-click and delete.

But if there are already playables, you will be deleting their relationships too.

You might find it more comfortable to use SimBlender or do it manually in each sim file (though that's going to be a big job). Personally, I don't mind if townies have relationships with each other. I usually make them that way.

there are 10 playables that i have placed onto one lot in order for them to build relationships with each other but there aren't any family ties between them
again:
-one adult male townie is the parent of 4 children
-one adult female townie is the parent of 4 teens
i do not want them to have relationships with each other, the instructions said to make them have family ties but they weren't really clear enough at the part of removing the family relationships (at least for me because im terrible w SimPE, and i can't find a good tutorial)
i went to the Sim Relations in SimPE and i am worried if i delete all of the relations, then my game will be screwed because i assume there'll be a problem if the dead Tricou's lose their relationships with each other, there are also Unknowns having relationships toward bon voyage tourists. should i only delete sim relationships that include the children and teen townies? or is that not enough, and i'll be having to go in the Family Ties as well?

https://gyazo.com/17928cbe9d522d543988731e708cceb3 AM toward child
https://gyazo.com/b008d1e2a710bb54ae3f6b2507cb9281 child toward AM
or do i just have to change these and fix sibling relations as well?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 11:38 PM
Well, there won't be problems but you might lose relationships, yes, if you just block delete the lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:18 AM
i ended up manually fixing their relationships in Family Ties and Sim Relations. thanks for the responses!!