Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 10:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default This Application Is Not Compatible With the Installed Operating System
I'm suddenly and rather randomly having problems with my game. Sims 2 has worked perfectly for me until I downloaded Bon Voyage, which now the game is claiming that "this application is not compatible with the installed operating system". I'm not sure what is creating the problem. I have Windows 10 and haven't had any issues with running the game, which problems seem to be fairly common with it on this operating system. Before downloading Bon Voyage I have had University, Nightlife, and Seasons installed which I have had no problems with. I have bypassed the launcher and have ran every compatibility system option, but yet I keep getting that error. I don't know if this helps, but body shops runs just fine like it has had previously.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 6:16 PM
Since it happens with BV and not earlier EPs, it's probably SecuROM, the DRM software from Hell. There are ways and means of getting rid of it, and I was hoping someone who had all this at his fingertips would have responded to you before now, as I don't have Windows 10 and haven't made the effort to remove it myself yet. I believe Leefish (http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6688) is considered the most reliable source of advice for this problem.

Good luck!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 3:22 PM
I'll definitely keep that in mind if this ever happens to me again! I was looking at their website earlier and it looks like they have some really helpful stuff on getting the game to work. When I looked up this problem online I wasn't getting that many solutions/suggestions. That link to Leefish has a great guide if the problem is being caused by SecuROM.

Miraculously for me, I was able to get Bon Voyage with the strangest solution. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game, when it asked to "check if your Sims game is up to date" I stopped it with the Task Manager. The game has been working fine ever since. I don't know why something as simple as that prevented the game from running, but it apparently did.