Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 3:10 PM
How cool.I wish I could draw like you...
Advertisement
#27 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 11:53 AM
cool portraits! there very detailed and realistic looking.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 11:27 PM
Wow Derange! They are wonderful! Great choice of men too! (Alan Rickman is missing though!)

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 7:07 PM
Wow you can draw great. The lines are beautiful and there is so much detail in the pictures. I especially like the one of Bruce Willis.
#30 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 6:20 PM
just wondering what type of pencils you use for your portraits?
charcoal, graphite?

your portraits are beautiful, keep it up dude.
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 6:59 PM
Thank you, everyone! I appreciate the kind words!

kris1224, I use ordinary mechanical pencils for my drawings.

I got bored today, found a good reference, and drew an eye. I draw eyes quite often, actually - you should see my psychology notes...

Nothing spectacular, but ehh, I hadn't posted anything new in here for a while, so I figured what the hell. :D

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Scholar
#32 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 8:40 PM
The detail is incredible Derange!
Test Subject
#33 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 6:43 PM
That is simply beautiful, Derange... I draw too, I use pencils too... But you make magic with your pencil...wow

How many pencils do you have? I have about 22... :D
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 6:51 PM
I tend(ed) to doodle eyes as well. I'm sure there's something to be made of that... Meh I know I'm crazy

Anyway your portraits are amazing! No wonder you have such a good eye for sims portraiture. For someone with no art training and hell for someone WITH art training those are very impressive. You've captured a great deal of character in recognizable faces. Daniel Craig is very technically impressive but static, I like the one of Bruce Willis personally for its sense of movement and life. I can see a definite progression. I'd love to see more of your work. Do you also do any work with photography? If not you should
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 7:25 PM
they are beautiful, I always wished I had that talent. Seriously, if that bruce willis drawing was being sold at one of those little stores in the mall, I would so buy it! That ones my fav. He is one of the most sexiest men on the planet, I dont care how older he is than me
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 10:05 PM
Thanks a lot for the kind words, guys! Your comments mean a lot to me!

amaca, I actually have a lot more pens than I do pencils. I have about 30 of the same kind of pen (blue Papermate kind.. I've used them religiously for about 3 years straight) either in my desk, on my desk, or in my car... while I only regularly use 3 or 4 pencils!
brilliantcat, thank you for the kind words! The only 'training' you could say I've had are art classes taken in high school, nothing really surprising there I guess, and a book of drawing techniques. I don't do a lot of photography anymore, but I do have a lot of pictures that I've taken that I'm proud of! Maybe I should add those here or make a new thread for them in the future?
Aquarian2886, Bruce Willis was my very first man-love, I've had a crush on him since I was at least nine years old. ^^

Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 10:09 PM
Wow, your drawings are amazing! I love the Daniel Craig one.

How long does it usually take you to draw one portrait?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 10:09 PM
dont blame you there! I cant say he was my first celeb crush though-im guilty on johnny depp as "Crybaby"...gah I watched that movie over and over daily in my childhood. anyway I must subscribe to this thread, and look forward to seeing more of your work
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 10:15 PM
Yay, a subscriber! Hopefully I'll have something new up here soon, since I'm hopefully going to be drawing a portrait as one of my friend's Christmas gift! ^^

zukoislove, it's usually somewhere around 10-15 hours for each portrait. Kiefer's was an exception, though - he took about 5.

Test Subject
#40 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 2:50 PM
I don't use all 22 pencils either...

Anyway, you are drawing quite fast... One picture takes me about 20 hours, it depends. Once I made huge portrait of my parents on their weeding day, and I made it for 8 days...

I would really like to see the photos you made. Your stuff really impressed me.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 5:32 AM
wow!!!!!!!!!
Derange, you are extremely talented!!!
Original Poster
#42 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 5:37 PM
Alright, I'll consider putting up pictures soon. Probably in this thread. But for now, this'll be my general art thread. Here's two I did a while back which I rather liked. They're nothing more than doodles, and since I tend to doodle very simple things they're nowhere near as good as my portraits. ^^;

Smoke

Crouxes

Death Walks

Someone... with a mask and hood.

A random half face.

Concept art for my version of a naga.

And a Photoshop drawing I did of one of my characters, Kael Ramsden

Scholar
#43 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 5:47 PM
WOW that last one is just... freakin WOW man..
You have an amazing talent my friend. An amazing talent...
Original Poster
#44 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 5:58 PM
Thank you, Cinnamun. ^^

Two more I found in My Documents...

Some more concept-ish art... the skeleton of a species I created, the sinorins

And... Vlad doodle! ^^

Test Subject
#45 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 6:27 PM
Derange, you keep surprising me :D
That's simply great... You are so creepy talented.

That photoshop picture you drew with mouse? I really can't believe it...It's wonderful.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 6:40 PM
This is amazing...
Beautiful...
I love it
Test Subject
#47 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 7:15 PM
I always envy people that can draw well. These are pretty much fantastic! I wish I had that kind of talent!
Scholar
#48 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 7:32 PM
LOL I'm lovin the Vlad doodle!
#49 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 4:05 PM
One word- WOW.
shiny!
retired moderator
#50 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 4:25 PM
OH MY GOD! :o You need to do something with your skills.. like maybe graphic design.. hey you could do the graphics to TS3! LMFAO But seriously you need to do something with that talent
Page 2 of 4