Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 8th May 2018 at 6:53 AM
Yeah, it only said that it wasn't selectable because they weren't on vacation.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 8th May 2018 at 2:15 PM
Some explanations on the menu commands you were trying.

MC, Transfer From/To - That's not the full mod command menu. When clicking on anything that is carrying an inventory (even a household or a lot like the base camp), this menu also shows up without the orange target-like icon next to it like the full mod menu has. It's to enable the transfer of objects from one inventory container to another that would not otherwise be possible.

Traveler, Perform Travel Actions - This allows the mod, upon arrival, to make local residents catch up on some of their progression that we can think of as having taken place while we weren't playing there. It doesn't do anything on its own at other times.

Traveler, Show Debugging - Should not be used unless a developer asks us to for a brief period.

Traveler Total Reset - This resets all of the Traveler mod's settings. By changing the settings and then hitting Total Reset, you are making them all go back to defaults again. It doesn't "reset" anything in-game like a MC or DE Reset would. Many of the mods have a Reset switch like this.

Sims are Unemployed - They would be if they are in a world that lacks the rabbit hole housing their original career or a City Hall if they were originally registered as self-employed. This is not unusual or anything to worry about if everything else had been working as it should have been, their careers (or schools) would have caught up with them again upon returning home.

You have a corrupt instance of France there. It cannot be fixed or played forward from what we see in the video and we cannot say how that came to be. It may have started being problematic from the moment your sims arrived on this trip or even prior if they had been there before. Hence my suggestion to revert to a save, probably before ever having left home, in order to play this game forward. Or, as you said, start a new game. I would also suggest making sure you have the full release version of Traveler v87 and not one of the earlier beta testing versions from before this one was fully released in Aug 2017. In other words, download it again and replace the mod file with the new one. And make sure that you have Overwatch and ErrorTrap in play, if you do not already have them. In the future, perhaps check much sooner to make sure that you are really playing in vacation mode when it seems like you should be so if this does ever happen again, you catch it much more quickly.
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th May 2018 at 11:13 PM
I didn't even know it was POSSIBLE to somehow not play it in vacation mode when going there on vacation. So I couldn't have checked for something I didn't know was even a thing.

I also don't have any prior saves on this. I save "the game", nothing else.

I do have a completely different save with a different household and different expansions that's currently in France. Should I check them out as well?
Mad Poster
#29 Old 8th May 2018 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I didn't even know it was POSSIBLE to somehow not play it in vacation mode when going there on vacation. So I couldn't have checked for something I didn't know was even a thing.

Of course you couldn't have known this was going to happen until it did. I was not blaming you. I was making a suggestion for the future so as to not waste your time playing tombs and working on WA-specific skills and relationships, etc. the benefits for which would never be able to be brought home.

I also don't have any prior saves on this. I save "the game", nothing else.

I would strongly suggest finding a Save As strategy that provides more safe retreat points along the way for when something goes wrong. You don't have to keep hundreds of saves forever going forwards (unless you want to), but the most recent four or five, and ones from recent important junctions where something significant like travel of any kind or families being formed, moving, and switched around is about to happen would be highly advisable. This game is fragile with or without mods and most of us have to retreat to such safe points somewhere along the way occasionally when the unexpected happens.

Of course, no one can make you alter your save system in this manner. But not doing is playing without a safety net and is not a recipe for ongoing success with this game, unless of course you really don't mind starting over sooner than you would have expected to.

I do have a completely different save with a different household and different expansions that's currently in France. Should I check them out as well?

Sure. It might be interesting to see how widespread, within your different existing games, this issue is as well as if it replicates itself on a newly started game.
Inventor
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th May 2018 at 7:05 AM
I already tried the newly started game and it didn't replicate there. And I tried my alternate save and it didn't replicate there either. Bookstore is open, it's listed as being a vacation, everything is normal.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 10th May 2018 at 1:55 PM
Good. Then although we still have no idea why or exactly when this happened with the broken ongoing game, and from the sound of it will probably never know, at least it seems to be restricted to just that one.
Inventor
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th May 2018 at 5:20 AM
There's probably something in the archives of my gameplay but goodness knows I don't want to go through all that...

All right, I'm gonna restart it.
Page 2 of 2