Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
#26 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 4:31 PM
I've got another problem about the tattoo overlay,

Each time you install a new EP, SP or patch, the sims are reset and lose their tattoos !

So body overlay needs further research !
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#27 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 1:18 PM
It works fine for me, and I've been using this since the idea was first batted around. However, some of the old directions are flawed and create an effect that doesn't stick. Also, removing the files from your game without first de-overlaying the affected sims can crash.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#28 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 4:44 AM
Default suggestions?
I'm trying to render the tattoo that came with the Maxis hidden green trench coat. I completed the design in Body Shop:

and then followed the instructions in the tutorial to make it a true tattoo. I've had some success: "My" tattoo overlay object shows up in the game, and the pie menu works, except for the four "Remove/ ...Siren's tattoo" options in the pie menu, only one of which works.

But my real problem is that when I try to add my tattoo, I get Morague's tattoos instead (male 2, to be specific). Could you tell me what I did wrong to get that result? I'm baffled.

Also, I was wondering if it's possible to make tattoos applicable to children, toddlers, and perhaps even (gasp) babies. I'm thinking yes for children and toddlers at least, since children can sunburn (I think) and toddlers can be Plant Sims. But I thought I should ask before I attempt it. I'm going for a birthmark kind of thing, but it's passed down through several generations of the family in question, and it would be an absolute pain to try to edit it into all those skin tones instead. So right now, the tattoo looks like a simpler option.

Thanks!
Siren

P.S. I've attached the most recent version of my files, if anyone wants to poke around in them.

P.S.S. Is there any way to import alpha channels besides the standard "Import Alpha Channels" option? Because I've noticed my alphas get edited when I import them this way. The change is slight, but any deviation from the original bothers me. Is there any way to bypass this auto-editing? Thanks again, guys!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SirensTattooObjectandSkins.rar (19.6 KB, 57 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#29 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 6:30 PM
Hi Morague.

I was just following HystericalParoxysm's tutorial for simming real life people and have successfully created my first custom skintone . Then I remembered that the person I'm trying to Sim has a couple of tattoos. I've decided that it would be better to not have them as part of the skintone, since I don't want the tattoos to be genetic, rather it does indeed make more sense to create them as a removable accessory that can be worn with other accessories at the same time. Is this the same thing as your tutorial here? Are "body overlay"s and "accessories" the same?

I'm afraid I don't really understand all the SimPE stuff that you've written above, I just want to know how to do this in my graphics program. What files do I copy/export from body shop, and step-by-step how do I create a tattoo in a graphics program? Like HystericalParoxysm's step-by-step how to create a real life person's face/skin in a graphics program? What do I need to know?
Sockpuppet
#30 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 7:01 PM
Recently, Morague has updated the "Real Body Overlay" mod, it's under testing phase but if all is good, this tutorial will be totally updated in order to explain this new body overlay.

So please wait !

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=239851
Space Pony
Original Poster
#31 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 7:31 AM
Siren,

I am fairly certain you could add tattoos to the children & probably toddlers. All you need to do is find the correct TXMT for the overlays, then locate the corresponding GZPS & all of the 3IDR & their BINX files. The only problem is actually finding the 3IDR & BINX files as there isn't any way to locate them other than looking through the globalcatbin.bundle packages to find the right ones. I nearly went battly getting the adult, elder & teen ones which is why I decided that was enough. It took almost a week to locate them. Start with the TXMT & GZPS then load up the globalcatbin.bundle package & have a lot of patience. Start with M&G & work your way backwards through the releases until you find the right ones.
Sockpuppet
#32 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:39 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 12th Oct 2010 at 6:37 PM.
I keep on working on my tattoo chair project.

I understand what you changed in the dec2008 version, you've remplaced the local group ID (0xFFFFFFFF) by a global unique group ID (for example 0x5F4F9CE2) for all files excluded the COL and the collection 3IDR.

Each tattoos got its own group ID.
Test Subject
#33 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 9:11 AM
great work.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 2:02 PM
Would it be possible if someone could make more tattoo's for example: stars, marilyn monroe, mum, i love my girlfriend, chinese symbols, peace symbol things like that.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 8th May 2011 at 6:30 PM
I just want to make some tattoo's for personal use. But can you describe what place in the texture goes to which bodypart?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#36 Old 8th May 2011 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I just want to make some tattoo's for personal use. But can you describe what place in the texture goes to which bodypart?

Looking at the UV maps helps a lot with placement. Use the naked one to determine where to put your tattoos. You can find the basic UV maps already extracted for you here.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 8th May 2011 at 8:21 PM
So I guess I compare this file UV-afbodynaked with the existing textures in the package MoraguesTattooSkins.package?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Sockpuppet
#38 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 8:58 AM
This tutorial is very explicit, it's difficult to do something better.

Thank to Morague, I did my own tattoos.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 10:42 PM
Well...unfortunately, in terms of complexity, this type of project is a doozy. I've written my own tutorial on the matter, which may or may not be easier to comprehend and follow, but, outside of some enterprising modder writing a tool specifically to construct overlay boxes, you will be spending ages in SimPE to construct one of these properly. This is not where I'd suggest someone wet their feet with SimPE. To get familiar with basic usage, it's much better to try something simpler, like geneticizing and/or townifying skins and eyes.

Stories (okay, LEGACIES), Tutorials, and Downloads at my sim journal:
http://rikkulidea.livejournal.com
Page 2 of 2