Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#101 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 5:35 PM
Thank you Honeywell Yes it can take me days and sometimes weeks to get a lot right and as Jo said above getting the links for the CC right, finding the right CC, making a good floorplan etc is hard to do and then of course the image taking is not a walk in the park either

@ trian, some of us lot builders take requests you know
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#102 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 9:57 PM
Thanks Honeywell, I love your creations by the way! I should probably have a folder named 'Honeywell' for all the things you have made that I have downloaded.

The lot I have ready now only took two days, but the water park I lost count how long that took to build.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Did you read any of the responses to that asinine post you're agreeing with? Just curious.

Yes, and I found it valid. That's why I quoted it and wrote a response that agreed with that quote.
Theorist
#104 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeromycraig
Yes, and I found it valid. That's why I quoted it and wrote a response that agreed with that quote.

Fair enough. I think it's an incredibly selfish point of view though and I'm surprised anyone would still think that way after having read the responses.
Forum Resident
#105 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 5:08 PM
You know what's really frustrating about building lots? When your game crashes and you lose all that progress because you forgot to save. :P

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Inventor
#106 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 6:22 PM
I think the creators of whatever they choose to creator are great. Not everyone has to download everything to play in their game. I for one love the poses I only play TS2 so I like that people are still creating for TS2. BIG THANK YOU!!! I have tried to dabble in creating myself. I am only to recolors of pictures but it's a start. I find that people that tend to complain don't contribute to anything just complain about what they can and can not get. What they like and do not like. Yes I am aware of constructive criticism however, there is a right place, time, and location. I find that while I am waiting on the staff at MTS to finish making things better for us that I try to go to the WCIF section an assist those looking for things or try to provide a helpful comment to those in need of help. Last I checked no one was sited on any news channel as walking on water, turning regular water into wine, feeding the masses with a few loafs or bread and fish. Somethings are better just not being said.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 11:29 PM
Lol and i was like OMG WHERE DID THE PPL GO!? Hopefully it will be back by university...
Top Secret Researcher
#108 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 5:20 AM
I was thinking, "Wow, MTS has gotten SO picky that there are now no new uploads AT ALL." Then I read this news item. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
Thank you Honeywell Yes it can take me days and sometimes weeks to get a lot right and as Jo said above getting the links for the CC right, finding the right CC, making a good floorplan etc is hard to do and then of course the image taking is not a walk in the park either

@ trian, some of us lot builders take requests you know
I too Thank Honeywell and agree 100% with her and Karen it's not as easy some who have not created may think.My first upload here took a month to get approved,and that being my own fault as I didn't do it right! Now it's my turn to say "are we there yet?" "are we there yet?" hehe I have 2 new house folders on my desktop burning a hole in it!! lol Seriously MTS take your time,you was patient with me only fair I give back the same Cheer's
Scholar
#110 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 10:53 AM
I have quite a lot of plans to build and share on MTS
I can't wait :D

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Test Subject
#111 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 12:51 PM
I'm a DLer who contributes nothing but thanks and occasional comment on The Sims 2 section. I don't necessarily download all the houses that get uploaded, but I'm sure to take a peak at how they are decorated, how the floor plans are laid out and everything. I enjoy seeing lot creations as much as new objects. Can't wait to see new stuff ;w;. I check back everyday haha.
Test Subject
#112 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 12:01 AM
Okay, I think it's awesome that there is Spring Cleaning for the queues, but when will we be able to upload again? I miss uploading! Plz hurry up!

FIND ME AT www.platymouseplace.webs.com KK? GOOD! YAY!
Test Subject
#113 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Some of us don't know how/don't make very good cc, but we can build. Building houses and community lots is all that I can do well enough to share. It isn't easy getting a lot uploaded on here. Apart from making an interesting floor plan, every piece of cc must be accounted for with a link and be free content which complies with not only the creators TOU of sharing but also the MTS criteria of not coming from a pay artist. It then needs screenshots which have to be changed to the MTS size requirements and on a very large lot getting those required screenshots isn't easy.

I'm just happy there are people who still love TS2 enough to create new and wonderful things for free.

Words to live by. I can't creat Sims 3 CC to save my life.

FIND ME AT www.platymouseplace.webs.com KK? GOOD! YAY!
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#114 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:55 AM
Firstly I would like to say well done to the MTS staff. It must have been a hard decision to take for the spring clean up and I do know its for the best interest of the site. For that I would like to say thank you to the Staff. I have always believed that uploads will be back when they are supposed to be, not a day longer and people need to have patience with that and simply wait for it to come back. It is good for everyone to remember that these staffs have a life outside of here which are very much more important because thats what puts food on their table. I would prefer to wait patiently for the work to be done well rather than have it up just to realize that something was forgotten. Like Delphy said we are almost there. So please and please lets wait for them to finish it up.

As to the suggestion of them being bombarded with uploads when it comes back online, well they are not complaining and I do know they realize that and are in high spirit waiting to moderate the uploads. So I think this is just the time most of us need to understand the creator guideline. I am so sure that many have not really read and understood it well enough and that really is the reason why so many uploads are rejected. This is he time some need to really read it and understand it rather being so anxious for i to come back because later when the upload is back many will still post not to know the reason why their upload was rejected.

So its all about team work. For Christ sake we the up loaders need to make it simple for the moderators and this we do by following the simple rules in the guidelines. Thats all they ask of us.

Having read through some of the comments posted I was really to disheartened to see some uncalled posts. Well i just came to the conclusion that those making such comments have simply lost it.Because we have so many cars in the world does not stop the companies from making more. So it is with all our needs. So for someone to suggest that a particular sort of uploads are much or uncalled for simply denotes that he individual has simply lost it. It is very hard to make things and not everybody has got the courage to venture into it. For all those who have managed to contribute one upload or another, they really deserve our great thanks because it is not easy. Some spend hours, days weeks or months to get an upload perfect. This gives all the freedom to choose what they want or not. If one cannot appreciate the hours that these creators put into their submissions then such a person is not worth commenting here because these creators do deserve our respect.

So to all my fellow creators, I would love to say thank you very much for all the selfless time you spent on getting us uploads. I really appreciate that very much. To the staff, please take your time, do your work and get s back when you know you are done.

Oh and guess what just got delivered to me just now.....hahahaha...yes my University pack.

Happy Simming all
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#115 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 2:27 PM
Just in case you didn't see..... http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=497894

Locking this since, well, it's not neccesary anymore!

Also I'd like to thank everybody for their patience and kind words and waiting for us to be done. I know it's been hard, but I think the wait is well worth it!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread
Page 5 of 5