Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#12776 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Do you have a link to that tool? I used to use Nameberry's namehunter, but they changed it and made it useless.

Ugh, I know, RIP Namehunter my beloved. You can still search for a single name on Nameberry, click on the result and scroll down past all the charts to see similar names, but it only works for one name at a time and not multiple siblings.

This isn't as good as that was, but it's something:

https://babynames.com/names/sibling-names-generator.php
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#12777 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 8:32 PM
2015 me thought it was a good idea to download a bunch of lots full of custom content and have a bunch of items that I would never know where they came from; some good, some broken, some horrendous.

2021 me thought it was a good idea to mix my old downloads folder with my new one

At least 2024 me is having a good time organizing that mess
Mad Poster
#12778 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 9:09 PM
I see we have a new response button "who"..is this helpful? A way to see who is disagreeable? who loves ya?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12779 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
2021 me thought it was a good idea to mix my old downloads folder with my new one

I love this, I still have stuff made in 2005 in my downloads folder. Old stuff is great, if you like it, use it!

@grammapat I always love you!
Forum Resident
#12780 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
2015 me thought it was a good idea to download a bunch of lots full of custom content and have a bunch of items that I would never know where they came from; some good, some broken, some horrendous.

I'm afraid I'll never get out of those habits xD
Mad Poster
#12781 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

@grammapat I always love you!

U aways so nice! Am having bad times, so random acts of kindness gladly accepted.

Mad Poster
#12782 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 4:00 AM
I love the idea of Downtown but the premade one is honestly kind of a mess. Do we really need three bowling alleys?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12783 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 4:50 AM
Yes, because it's boring to go to the same one all the time. Also, they had to fill the space with only three EPs to draw from! This is hard - try it.

I dealt with this in Bigg City by creating districts with classes and implied history, so that there's the seedy bowling alley, the middle-class teen-date bowling alley, and the big fancy one, etc., but that doesn't seem to have occurred to anyone in development at EAxis till Belladonna Cove. Downtown doesn't hang together very well as a space, much like their campuses. You can always download a custom one, rearrange it to make sense, add new lots including stuff from later EPs, make your own from scratch, etc.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#12784 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 2:38 PM
Speaking of alternative downtowns, I'm thinking of using the Magic Town recreation as the downtown for my Belladonna Cove run.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12785 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
U aways so nice! Am having bad times, so random acts of kindness gladly accepted.

Oh no! Sending hugs and grilled cheese and cake.
Instructor
#12786 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 11:31 PM
Maybe it is too cartoonish and/or tacky to have a massive H (Hans' Trap Door Corp) painted on the walls of the New Trap Door Corp that can only be seen at angles where the walls poking out look like a solid wall...
Screenshots

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Top Secret Researcher
#12787 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 2:35 AM
Wonder if anyone has ever attempted having a family that ages in real time. If so, wonder how long they went before getting bored. I mean, would be epic but after a few weeks they'd all have maxed out everything there is to max so what'd you do with them at that point?
Inventor
#12788 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 2:57 AM
My people never age. The elixir of life is so cheap. At some point they stop actively skilling, and use their power to buy more objects and uplift the occasional child.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12789 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Wonder if anyone has ever attempted having a family that ages in real time. If so, wonder how long they went before getting bored. I mean, would be epic but after a few weeks they'd all have maxed out everything there is to max so what'd you do with them at that point?

I think some of @AndrewGloria's sims age slower than real-time. Andrew has always been a teen I think!
Mad Poster
#12790 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 8:39 AM
I use the Elixir of Life (earned by many of my sims during their lifetime) for my elders - keeping them around for as long as I can. (I raised all of them since birth, so why not? They have an extremely positive influence in my hood).
Mad Poster
#12791 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
uplift the occasional child.

Wait, what? XD

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think some of AndrewGloria's sims age slower than real-time. Andrew has always been a teen I think!

Yeah, I feel a bit sorry for him. I don't think that he'll ever get to grow up.
Inventor
#12792 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Wait, what?

Make use the free time they have now that they don't do skilling and capital they have accumulated to raise the child better.
Mad Poster
#12793 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Make use the free time they have now that they don't do skilling and capital they have accumulated to raise the child better.

Oh lol. I read uplift as kidnap.
Forum Resident
#12794 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Every time I've sent my sims to P.U.R.E at 1am, there's been 3-4 pregnant middle-aged suburban moms hanging out. I don't want to have to ban them outright, but come on. You have 5 children, go home. You're killing the vibe.

This is getting ridiculous. It's 2am at The Hub. This can't be good for your babies.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12795 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 5:05 PM
0 hours? Looks like 2 of them got pregnant at the club. XD
Mad Poster
#12796 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 5:59 PM
How many photobooths does that place have?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#12797 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Do you have a link to that tool? I used to use Nameberry's namehunter, but they changed it and made it useless.

Try Behind The Name advanced search. I use that a lot. For example you can search for words in the meaning. They also have a random name generator tool, which is fun to play with.

When I'm looking for sibling sets, I tend to look at a random parenting/baby name forum (e.g. namenerds on reddit) and search the name of the existing sibling(s) - because people often make suggestions of lists of names, you get lots of clusters of names that one person likes, or which are in a similar sort of "feel" or theme. Or even just google "sibling for Oliver" or whatever and it will come up with similar kinds of threads.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12798 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 7:33 PM
Oh lol. I read uplift as kidnap.

Some of my elders, and empty-nesters, find all those orphan townies (kids and teens) take them in, give them some love, and send the teens to college! In some hoods I sometimes have lots of unwanted and orphaned babies and toddlers (mostly from loose women and the occasional death - I don't save sims or bring them back from death)

Alchemist
#12799 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
This is getting ridiculous. It's 2am at The Hub. This can't be good for your babies.

Those Salvatores are super-fertile.
Forum Resident
#12800 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 1:15 AM
0 hours? Looks like 2 of them got pregnant at the club. XD

Let the record show that 0 hours just means they got pregnant at their home lot at the end of the rotation

Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Those Salvatores are super-fertile.

Yes. Yes they are. They also have an unnaturally high percentage of sons.
Page 512 of 518