Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 9:39 AM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 7:14 PM.
Default Recolour Templates for COMFORT objects
IMPORTANT: All new templates for "Comfort" objects should be added to this thread reather than starting a new one. Thanks. RG

--------------------------------------------------------------
Bedding (all beds) and Club Distress Sofa/Loveseat/Chair set

I don't know if these will be useful to anyone, but they took me a lot of hit-and-miss to get right, and there's no reason for anyone else to have to go through this process.

These are texture templates for the Club Distress sofa, loveseat and chair and for the bedding that goes on all double and single beds. They are guides for texture artists, not furniture for circus-folk. They'll show you which part of the object is what part of the texture.

Included in the zips are:
The template in PSD format with layers, for anyone with a graphics program that can read them.
The template in BMP format for those who don't have a graphics program that can read the PSDs.
And a package file where the template is applied to the object so you can see what goes where on the 3D model.

If you find any flaws in these templates, please upload a corrected image.

PLEASE any other texture creators who have made templates or some sort of guide for themselves on an object, share it so we don't all have to do the same things again.

Cheers,
RG
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  bedding-template.zip (119.2 KB, 6995 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  clubsofa-template.zip (106.8 KB, 3614 downloads) - View custom content
149 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 9:44 AM
I know of 2 flaws already in the sofa/loveseat/chair set. These are flaws in the way the 3d object is mapped. There's not a thing that can be done in the template to fix them. They are circled in the image below.

1. On the sofa, left arm when you're facing it, there's a block that comes out of the fabric for the middle seat back. This doesn't happen on the loveseat or chair.

2. On the loveseat and chair, there's a flaw on the small circle that makes up the back of the arm. There's a ring made up of the fabric from the front of the arm.

Can't be fixed, either of them.

RG
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Dec 2004 at 9:09 AM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 7:16 PM.
The Soma "Sleep Well"

I've just managed my first Sims2 Object recolor, thanks to Pinhead, the creators of SimPE, the plug-in programmers, and everyone else who participated.

In gratitude, I'd like to offer the "template" for that bed. The "insert" is mirrored from the center once applied to the bed frame.

THANK YOU!!

~Hairfish
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Dec 2004 at 3:18 AM Last edited by RGiles : 31st Jan 2005 at 8:50 AM. Reason: added title to merge with other template threads
Default Colonial Chair Template
Colonial Chair Template

This isn't as nice as RGiles bed template... but I'm not sure if there's an easy way to do this one. Anyway... here's a go at it. If it's too confusing, let me know and I'll see if I can make it easier... what's difficult really is the pattern runs horizontal for part and vertical for the rest.

~k

the zip file contains the .psd with the parts on all different layers for your recoloring convenience.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  template.zip (746.9 KB, 1124 downloads) - View custom content
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#5 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 7:34 AM Last edited by Deedee : 13th Jun 2006 at 1:44 PM.
Default Courtly Sleeper Day Dreamer Template Explanation
Courtly Sleeper Day Dreamer Template

Here's the explanation for the 4-poster bed... can be more detailed, but this is a start... enough to get some nice stuff done I bet

Deedee

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 1:38 PM Last edited by RGiles : 31st Jan 2005 at 8:55 AM. Reason: added heading for merge with other template threads
Default Template for the Teaparty in Teak Chair
Teaparty in teak chair

Just thought I'd post this, it's the template for the Teaparty in teak chair, I wanted to recolour the legs and spindles a different colour to the back rest and seat, the spindles and legs were a pain because they are mapped weird.
Here you go hope it helps someone.
hippi
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 12:14 AM Last edited by RGiles : 31st Jan 2005 at 8:51 AM. Reason: Added title for merge with other template threads
Colonial Chair Template

I hadn't seen this before making my template. I got slightly different readings for the parts?
Screenshots

Some days it just isn't worth chewing through the leather straps...
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 4:27 AM
Default Candy Coated Sofa
Candy Coated Sofa template
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Template-candycoatedsofa.zip (6.1 KB, 819 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 4:31 PM Last edited by Numenor : 20th Jan 2006 at 10:10 PM.
Default Lap Of Luxury Sofa Template
Lap Of Luxury Sofa Template

You can get it at Simtastic (EXTERNAL LINK)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 11:42 PM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 7:17 PM.
Beddings (all beds) - Alternate version

This is just an altered version of Rgiles bedding template that I created for a friend and figured I would post it here.

It's saved as a .psd file so it can be used in PSP and PS. It has a layer that includes the sheetfold, sheets, and pillow shadowing, along with added text and selections saved to the alpha channel that very well might cause you to bang your head against the wall. (and this is the cleaned up version) :smash:

But for those that have been asking for the shadows, this might serve that purpose, if nothing else.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Darts_BeddingTemplate.zip (496.7 KB, 2391 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th May 2005 at 6:52 PM Last edited by Whytewolfsangel : 9th May 2005 at 7:53 PM. Reason: added pic
Default Shading for the Cheap Easy Puffy Recliner
Hi there, Whie trying to do a recolor for SnowStorms Sectionals, i ran into a shading problem!! I didn't know how to make the shadows that go onto the objects!! :argh: While running through my dilemma in my head, I came up with a solution! Attached you will find a pattern (in psp9 format) for the recliner. The top layer is a burn layer that will burn the shadows into your image! You can lighten it or darken it to get the effect that you want. All you should have to do is re color the bottom layer and voila, you've got your shadows!! (i hope!!) i'm testing out some of them in the game right now and i'll post pics of them as soon as i'm done .... makes a recolor SUPER easy!!!

Hope this can help someone!!! :D

Attached files:
File Type: zip  PuffyRecliner Shading.zip (484.2 KB, 554 downloads) - View custom content

Whytewolfsangel ~aka just plain ol' traci~
Webmaster and Creator at SED Sims
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 7:19 PM.
Beddings (all beds) - Alternate version

Hello! Well I see a template or two for bedding, but they don't always do the job for some of us. Anyway I ended up doing this a while ago because I couldn't figure out how to get the picture to show up right on a single and double bedding. So here for all the others out there who have trouble getting the pictures to center for the single bed.

Ok one thing that can be changed is On my template there a few layers for the fancy part of the sheet. But if you don't want them it's easy to take them off and then still keep the orginal template. Just delete them then do a copy merge. Once you are done when you close the template don't save any changes and it's back how it was. Then when you are ready to add your picture to the bedding I have a layer just for that. You will see that I have left part of the bedding showing that is because you well need to center you pictuer on both ends of that. As I have done. I also have a layer called blanket foor of bed for those of you who like blankets there.

I hope this helps someone else. I know it helps me to have it there all the time and makes it faster to do bedding.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  double and single bed template.rar (1.06 MB, 934 downloads) - View custom content
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 12:16 AM
Default More bedding design goodies
I have added a very visual bedding design mini-tutorial with many examples to the site, you can find it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=711641
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 12:58 AM
Default Majestically Medieval Double Bed Frame
Just made a quick template for myself for this bed frame and i thought i would share, Uploaded in PSP and JPG format (both in 1 zip) Choose your Poison
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MedievalDoubleBedTemplate.zip (173.8 KB, 603 downloads)
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 1:04 PM
For an easy way to recolor bedding, Luxiary Chair, and Curtains, there is a program here: http://www.aussietopenders-sims2.com/Programs.htm It's helped me a lot, and saves time!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:08 AM
Bakonmi chair, lounge, and sofa for the Pillows only. You have to make seperate files for the sofa and the chairs, but they take the same images.

~*~

Diamond
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BakonmiChairSofaTemplates.zip (306.6 KB, 457 downloads)
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 5:14 AM Last edited by tamlfra : 19th Apr 2008 at 11:10 PM.
Another bedding template...
Hi everyone! After trying the many bedding tutorials out there, I was just never able to get it seamed right.. The single bed always had a gap for me, no matter what I tried. I like to know the exact pixel by pixel placement.

So I made up a short and sweet tutorial, along with 2 templates.

In the .rar file is: template 1, plain for placement; template 2 has the directions on it. Also, I have the sheets, pillows, and all 4 of the Maxis sheet toppers, ready to go. I'll add those as well. All in white, for ease of recoloring.

This is not an explanation on how to recolor, but how to get a 99.9% seamless bedding. (I'm convinced 100% perfect isn't possible.. I think 1 pixel gets shared in an odd way. Even Maxis single beds have a small center seam near the top. Believe me, I tried!)

This is also not for centered designs, more for all over. I haven't figured the centered thing out, yet. But this will look good on single, and double beds, when done right!

If you can, keep the pictures in GIF format, so you don't lose any clarity. Then open them in your art program to begin.

Directions..
1. 1. Place your design over sections A, B, and C. Cover all the yellow lines with your design. (512x512) If you are using a wallpaper, (256x512) simply paste it twice to fit.

2. Now add your matching top sheet section. Line it up to the top of your design, and on the left of your design. Don’t worry if it’s a bit short on section D, we’ll cover that in the next step. (Delete any black area in the topper from me first, then paste as a new layer. Then flatten.)

3. Pick up the image in section B, up to and including, the white guide lines separating B from A & C, (185x512). Copy that and paste into section D, placing on the right of the yellow line in C, up to the small white line between D and F. Don’t worry that it covers part of section E.

4. Next, add your recolored sheets to section F.

5. Add pillows to section E, covering each exactly. E should overlap D, if you line it up with the top right of E. (Make sure you deleted the black square from pillow image I sent you before you add to the image. Paste the pillows in as a new layer, then flatten once in position.)

6. Personally, I always color all the white section and the black on the pillows a complimentary color now, in case, but not necessary..

7. Now, starting from the bottom left, copy a section that should be 1024x512. Paste that onto your template you extracted from simPe, or wizards of simPe.
8. That’s it! Import that into SimPe, or wizards of simPe, save, and enjoy your hard work!

TIP* the black on the pillows is to allow you to add edging to a pillowcase. The top pillow will be on the left, so place your decorative edge on the left side of that pillow, after where the black was. (9 pixels in). The lower pillow is the right pillow, so place edging to the right. Place all edging up to where I had the black sections, that you colored. (Recommend a width of at least 35 -40 pixels,)

Also, if you want a more decorative edge on your topper, (step 2), add it BEFORE step 3, so all lines up in the end. Have fun!!

Sorry... I don't have it in zip format, I lack that program..

DO NOT use the preview template, please get the .rar... The size and clarity is wrong for the preview shot, due to image size restrictions here on MTS2.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Tamlfra_Bedding Template&Bits.rar (178.2 KB, 305 downloads) - View custom content
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#18 Old 1st May 2008 at 9:25 AM Last edited by JLonier : 1st May 2008 at 1:42 PM.
I'm adding templates for the Hellacious Headboard Double bed from the Bon Voyage expansion pack as well as the the single version the Ergonomizer. They're in psd format and each one has three layers. One original, one with the headboard bit cut out (I also saved the selection itself), and one with a texture I used to recolor it as an example, but feel free to use it yourself should you so desire. It should all be fairly self explanatory, but if anyone has a question about it feel free to PM me.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ergonimizer single template.rar (850.3 KB, 151 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  hellacious double template.rar (1.72 MB, 160 downloads) - View custom content

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#19 Old 4th May 2008 at 8:16 PM
Default Layered .psd for "Molded Sectional" sofa [NL]
Layered psd attached -- I haven't figured it out completely as I've only recoloured the seat and the legs (leaving the white frame untouched), but perhaps this is useful anyway. Layers are

- Shadow for seat
- Hue+Saturation for the shadow (so that it doesn't kill the colour)
- Framework (the white part, including legs, with cutouts for the seat)
- Seat

I've already retouched the shadow a little (added noise and stuff), so basically all you ned to do in order to give the seat a different color is bucketfill the background layer.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  sofasectionaldiner_layers.psd.zip (340.6 KB, 159 downloads) - View custom content

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 12:53 AM Last edited by cokeandvodka : 5th Jul 2008 at 2:45 AM.
Bedding Shadow Transparency Template
I created multiple layers of shadows for maxis bedding with transparency for easy recolouring. I just thought this might help out others so i decided to upload them.

Here are some screenshots >

These are psd files, i'm not sure how they'll run on alternatives like gimp.
I based these on Rgiles' bedding template which layers i've merged.
All you have to do is insert your own layers of bedding underneath the shadows. In order to cut them into shape just use magic wand selection or rectangular marquee. To edit the shadows just fiddle with the opacity and sharpen them using brightness/contrast tool.

If you have any image editing questions feel free to post in the Object Creation & Texturing forum or pm.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Bedding Shadow Template.rar (501.0 KB, 692 downloads) - View custom content

You can find my bodyshop contents at Garden of Shadows as Nthdv.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 5:03 PM
Default Bedding Shadow Template
I love this template - it makes my bedding so easy to recolor. Thanks again for this great template.

Carol
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 12:48 PM
Thank you all so much for your great templates
It makes all the difference
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:13 PM
You people were promoted to my gods saviors *0*
Thanks for these.

Forever young...
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 7:25 PM
cokeandvodka, thank you so much! My beddings looked so unrealistic, but now they look great!
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 3:36 AM
Default Um.. yeah shut up, i know im a noob
So... I designed my whole bed and everything... WHERE DO I SAVE IT TO?????
BTW I :lovestruc it
Page 1 of 2