Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2013 at 9:27 PM
Default Problems with GUID reassigning.
Hello, I had downloaded some custom content for my Sims 2 game from TSR, and much of the files seem to have GUID conflicts (they crash the game when I click on their respective catalog). So I decided, since I never plan on uploading any sims stuff onto the internet, to go ahead and fix the issue by reassigning a GUID to them in SimPE. So I isolated one problem package, and reassigned a GUID to it per the "Object Creation for Beginners" tutorial. I put the one file back into my game, and it is still acting like there is a GUID conflict and crashing my game. If anyone has any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it, I will be forever grateful.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 27th May 2013 at 10:03 PM
GUID conflicts is not the only thing that can cause a crash. I'd check to make sure you also have the correct EPs, and the object in question lists the proper EPs it actually requires.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2013 at 10:10 PM
That's the thing that's puzzling me. I have every single EP and stuff pack. Sorry, I should have specified in my first post the EPs I have.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 27th May 2013 at 10:52 PM
I can see *some* things causing conflicts, but I really don't think "much" will. If the EP requirement is not the issue, then try your game with just those items to be sure it is those items, and not something else that is crashing. Be sure to delete the groups.cache.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2013 at 11:14 PM Last edited by BryK3986 : 28th May 2013 at 5:00 PM.
Yeah, I found it odd that so many of the downloads that I got from TSR caused a crash like that. I will try your suggestions and see if they work.

Well, I think it is those items, as I put just those items into my game, and took all my objects and hacks and whatnot out, and my game now crashes on the loadup screen.