Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:49 PM
Default Repository question
I'm hoping someone can help with this...I can't get a repository item with 2 parts to "take" onto a slave with two parts.

I cloned the Moroccan sofa for my repository item and the Adirondak chair for the slave.

I followed the JWoods tutorial to learn how to make the chair pick up the texture from the sofa.

Oddly, the chair has 9 lines in the Datalist Extension Reference and this confused me so I skipped the step where you add to that and went to the Edit Blocks step instead. Then I saw that it had added another line there and named it with an A instead of a digit. So I backed up and did the step I skipped and named my new line in the Datalist Extension Reference A. This was assigned to the wood portion of my item. I didn't realize I would need another line for the cushion so I committed and saved and looked at my object in the game. It worked perfectly but of course the fabric portion was not enabled to take recolors. The wood portion however was. So I could see lots of choices...all with different woods but always the same cushion part as my original repository mesh had.

So I opened SimPE back up and did the same thing I had the first time around. I Edited the blocks to add another which named itself B. So I then added the line in the Datalist Extension Reference and named it B. Then I used the same string name as I had used for the A part.

I committed and saved but now when I look in the game the wood part is not enabled but the cushion part is. I've gone over and over the thing looking to see if anything in the A line (corresponding to wood) was different than the info in the B line (corresponding to cushion) but there isn't. Both have the 1 put in, both have the tsMaterial name, both have the right subset name and the right string name. Both have a letter instead of a digit. I just can't figure out why the wood part which was enabled now is not.

Does anyone have any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

OM
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 5:16 AM
Posting your file always makes it easier to help . Without the file, I can only suggest to check if you have both of those subsets listed under tsDesignModeEnabled in the Geometric Node and to make sure you have no more than two subsets listed there. If you have three, you have to remove the extra one.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 12:14 PM Last edited by orangemittens : 24th Jun 2007 at 5:06 PM. Reason: removing flawed meshes
I was hoping someone would be willing to take a look at this! Here are the two meshes and recolors so you can see that in the game the only part of the slave (chair) that is color enabled is the cushion part and not the wood part also as I was hoping it would be.

Thanks so much for any help!

OM
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 4:14 PM
You don't need two tsMaterialsMeshNames, only one, and you put both those strings into that one. The game is now only seeing one tsMaterialsMeshName, because objects normally have only one, even if several subsets borrow their textures from elsewhere.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 5:05 PM
Thank you so much! I took out the second tsMaterialName and added another string to the first and now it works! Whoo-hoo!

OM