Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 11:02 PM
Can't install .sims3pack because launcher doesn't open [Ubuntu 18.04]
I have looked around a good amount of sites and the only support I could ever find towards my issue dates back to 2010 and all the tools provided will not solve my issue.
.Package files aren't a problem to my game since they do not need the launcher for the game to run them, do any of you know of any sites that host CC in .package only?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 11:48 PM
Launcher just dies or you get some errors? (you can enable error console if the app is quitting quickly without producing any message (by exit 3 code).

You probably lack the msc* modules and vb libraries, try correct this in your wineprefix by wineconfig directly in the CLI or in whatever GUI you're using.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
Launcher just dies or you get some errors? (you can enable error console if the app is quitting quickly without producing any message (by exit 3 code).

You probably lack the msc* modules and vb libraries, try correct this in your wineprefix by wineconfig directly in the CLI or in whatever GUI you're using.

I don't get any sort of error, it just will not open.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 5:24 PM
I don't know about how to fix launcher. There is this program that allows you to convert certain single item Sims3packs into package files http://www.modthesims.info/d/364038...-sept-2009.html . However, this program is not a replacement for the launcher.
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucidaSans
I don't get any sort of error, it just will not open.

try to run the launcher from the CLI

Code:
 wine /home/$Username/[path to Launcher]

review the messages in the terminal, especially in regard to missing libraries

standard installation should be in
~.wine/[bottlename]/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/[path_to_the_game]
bear in mind that Lutris and POL installs libraries in different places, if you installed the game manually it should be in standard location

you should install and use strangle library [ https://github.com/milaq/libstrangle ] or use Lutris options for control fps in Sims 3.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"