Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 5:00 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default I can't leave University!! (family tree glitch..?)
Hi! Sorry if this isn't the right place (I don't really know the 'rules' here, I know The Sims Forum has really strict rules with this stuff) but I've been having an issue and can't find any help anywhere. I have seven sims that are about the graduate university and go back home (in a few hours) but each time they do, the loading screen lags for hours. This hasn't happened to me before and the same sims have returned home from university multiple times. I've lowered my graphics, deleted the cache and tried many many times.

I think it may have something to do with the fact that two of my sims had a glitch in their family trees. Their family trees were working fine until one day, all of the relationships with other sims from their home town disappeared. Not only that, when I went to their family trees, they are the only sims in their family trees and they their faces now have that 'ghost' grey colour that happens to sims once they've died (but they haven't died so I'm very confused). (To make matters worse, the two sims were cousins before and now they're not and now they're flirting with each other. Ew.) I downloaded master controller but for some reason I can't open it to 'advanced' and then 'family' because when I open up 'advanced' the only options are 'edit in CAS', 'force kill' and 'reset sim'. (Reset sims didn't work btw, I tried). I feel like if I fix this issue, then they will be able to return home but I'm not sure.

I don't know if anyone would know the answer since no one plays sims 3 anymore but I appreciate any help that I could get, thank you!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 12:14 PM
Do you have Overwatch? I think this mod fixes family trees among other things. You can also try Errortrap
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 6:07 AM Last edited by igazor : 2nd Jul 2019 at 6:18 AM.
I'm not sure that a broken family tree is the underlying problem here, that sounds more like an additional symptom. Buy the reason that the Family commands on MC would be missing is that they require the MC Cheats add-on module, from the same download page as the base MC mod.

We've had over one million mod file downloads since moving to our new site last fall. If "no one plays sims 3 anymore," I would like to know what everyone is actually doing with those files. I think. Gee, maybe I'm better off not knowing what all these people are getting up to.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 9:44 PM
I don’t know about the family tree thing; but I have had my sim getting stuck in University World, and I fixed it with Nraas Debug Enabler : I clicked on the sim âž¡ debug enabler âž¡ Options âž¡ Go to future world. That action sent my sim to Oasis Landing; I had him stay there for a couple of days, and then I clicked on the portal to return home, after which my sim returned to his hometown, to the very point where he had left (but now with a Uni degree).