Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 2:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Sim Won't Age Up + Sliders Are Zeroed
Hello, I apologize in advance that the following explanation is long and confusing and I appreciate everyone who takes some time to look into my problem.

I've been playing for a while now (6th Sim week) in New Sunset Valley 2013 and now my female teenage Sim won't age up. She clapped once and then started to do something else like nothing happened. When she was supposed to age up the first time, she was on a date with another teenager and her mother aged up the exact same time, but her mom aged up without any problems. However, I went on with the date and after it ended I decided to age her up with MasterController with no luck. I closed the game and started playing the next day. When I was about to load the save, the female teenage Sim wasn't in the picture, which made me freak out. Still, when I loaded the game she was at the exact same spot when I left the game and she was able to do anything except aging up. I tried to edit her in CAS, but the option didn't appear on the menu of MC. Then I decided to reset her with MC and she appeared at her house with completely new hair, clothing and even a new face. I tried aging her up again with MC with no luck. Then I looked into edit town mode to see if she appeares in the picture, which she DID. I edited her in CAS and made her a Young Adult. Then, I tested if she would now be able to age up the regular way with MC, and she finally DID.

Now I don't know if she is still somehow corruped or not. If she isn't I would try to edit her face again in CAS. In that case would it be somehow possible to copy her face from an old save file to paste it to her new save?
Now If she is inevitable corrupted, what exactly caused her to bug out? I only have NRaas mods and very little CC, which she didn't had anything on.

I never had a problem like this before. It'd be very nice if someone gave me a reply and a possible solution. I have a Save file before all that happened, so it would be good to know what to do in order to prevent anything like that happening again.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LösserFöffel
In that case would it be somehow possible to copy her face from an old save file to paste it to her new save?

I can't say if she will be corrupted or not but the easy way to get her looking right again will be to load up an old save and use MasterController to put her in CAS. Manually age her up there then save her in CAS. When she ages up in your current game, go into CAS, pull up the list of the different pregenerated and saved sims, and select her. That should overwrite her appearance.

I've never had that happen with teens but I've had it happen with toddler trying to age into children.