Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 11:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims Won't start up.
I purchased a Windows 10 computer last year, I ran TS2 perfectly on it without any problems until I decided to turn it on today. I ran the it, and I got a notification (imaged attached) that stated "This program is not compatible with the installed operating system. Consider uprgrading to Windows 90SE/2000 or better."

I tried running my game in compatibility mode in a few different OS, but I kept getting the same message as before. So, for some of the other people out there on Windows 10 machines, what are some fixes and work arounds I can do to solve this problem? I considered reinstalling, but I would prefer to do that last if other fixes won't work.

Thank you so much!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 12:38 AM
Moving to the help board.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 12:51 AM
Make sure you're running in Admin mode. Anything above XP usually needs Admin mode to work.

Which TS2 version do you have? (UC, CDs, downloaded legally?)

Have you tried deleting the (2-4) cache files?

Have you checked whether your antivirus program may have accidentally quarantined TS2 files?

Have you done any changes to computer settings or had any recent Windows updates, or anything of the sort that might have caused issues?

You may want to also add your computer specs (processor/speed, RAM/memory, graphic card, etc.)