Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 6:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default please help seasons problem can't find house
i was reading a guide on seasons and a green house was mentioned alot but when i got on the sims 2 and checked my lot bin I didn't see a green house at all! it said that there were flowers and plants to harvest for seasons and they needed to be inside the green house before winter.

i have seasons but none of the houses in my lot bin are green i checked all neighborhoods and did not see a single green house!

what is going on is my copy broken?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:10 PM
"Greenhouse" is a term for a structure that is used for growing plants. It doesn't mean literally a house that is green. In Seasons, the greenhouses are structures with sort of metal beam windows and glass roofs/walls. You can see a greenhouse in use here, on this upload: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=390167 ... it's not green, but sort of beige. It's the part of the structure that's thin beams and glass, with the chairs/tables/plants inside. Greenhouses can be built in build mode in Sims 2, and there are several houses in the neighborhood that comes with Seasons (most notably, the one inhabited by the plantsim, her husband and kid) that have greenhouses attached.

If you set your neighborhood to no winter (as you can set whatever progression of four seasons you want - summer/spring/summer/spring or all summer or whatever) then you don't really need a greenhouse to protect your plants.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:16 PM
I didn't see any houses in build mode sorry. do I need to run to wal mart and get a new copy?
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:21 PM
There aren't any full houses in build mode, but parts to build houses. Greenhouse walls and roofs are things in build mode that you can build, like walls, fences, etc., piece by piece. Or you can just use one of the prebuilt houses that already has a greenhouse attached, like the one owned by the Greenman family living in Riverblossom Hills.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:23 PM
I didn't see ANY houses in build mode at ALL. not with roofs not with walls NONE. Zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch. am I looking in the wrong area?
Theorist
#6 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:23 PM
No, not at all.
You create a "Greenhouse" by using the Build Mode tools. There are Three glass walls, a Door, and Three roofs to use. Sometimes Greenhouses are called "Glass houses" if that makes more sense? Have a look at this Wiki Guide: LINK

Greenhouses // Glasshouses can typically look like this: LINK

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:25 PM
Oh crap I don't cee anything called garden center in my game. Great now I'm going to have to drive all over town to find a new copy ARGH CRAP!
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:30 PM
Don't think of a greenhouse as a full house. It's just what it's called. It's not a whole house. It's just a term for part of a house - sort of like a garage or shed is something you build on a lot, but isn't the whole house. In Sims 2, you build a greenhouse using walls and a roof - you can't place the entire thing at once, just piece by piece, putting the walls first, then the door, then the roof.

If you have Seasons installed, you definitely have the garden center area of build mode.

Look here:

http://www.google.nl/url?source=img...9dw8jPFgR8TX1Pg

See down at the bottom, the little watering can icon? Go into build mode, and click that. All the plants and whatnot - as well as the greenhouse parts - are all in there.
Theorist
#9 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:32 PM
If you wait just a moment, I'll load up my game and give a detailed explination of how to get a Greenhouse. There is nothing wrong with your game. You are looking in the wrong places, have no fear

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:32 PM
Yeah but I don't see anything there called garden center. and if you build it like a garrage wouldn't you need the wall tool and so on?
retired moderator
#11 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:40 PM
It's not going to say "garden center" right on it. But if you hover your cursor over the watering can icon like in the picture I showed, it should say "garden center."

You do need -a- wall tool, but not the standard wall tool. Greenhouse walls are built with their own wall tool, which can be found under that watering can icon.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Theorist
#12 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:45 PM

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
retired moderator
#13 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:50 PM
Aww, Petchy, did you just work up all those pictures just now? You're so helpful! *gives you a cookie*

Theorist
#14 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:50 PM
*Laughs* Yes, HP
Who knows, if I get much more like this, could Start my own Six-step Cooking show.. [LOL]

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
retired moderator
#15 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 8:00 PM
Oh, please do. I'm a terrible cook, and those pictures are very helpful! Can you teach me how to make flaky pastry in six steps? Mine always comes out rock hard and not at all flaky.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:58 PM
Alright. I'll try it but I don't see how it's going to be there....
retired moderator
#17 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 8:03 PM
Just follow Petchy's great pics and instructions and I'm sure you'll do just fine! Couldn't possibly be clearer than that! Good luck, and enjoy your simmies!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 8:21 PM
Default thanks!!!!
I finally found the garden center and all I needed boy am I a sap!

it was right under my nose I am SO sorry
retired moderator
#19 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 8:26 PM
Very glad you got it working! Enjoy your simmies!

Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Answered. :)