Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 1:11 AM
Default Simvalley Heights, Final Chapter
Firstly i'd like to say i am by no means a writer and definately not half as good as many of the story tellers on here, but i've had a great idea for a story and love putting my pictures to good use.
This story will be told by an old woman Mary, but don't be put off as it's not really about her but the residents of Simvalley.
I appreciate all comments good or bad and i do have the odd plumbob appear in a pic or 2 so sorry in advance for that.

Mary's Story begins here....

After the death of my husband Harold I decided to move back to my home town of Simvalley Heights.

Amazingly enough some of my old childhood friends are still here, alive and kicking
I purchased a small house on Simvalley Way and found myself a part-time job at the local florist and do the odd baby-sitting job for extra simoleons.

In my spare time I garden,

have friends over for lunch

and play poker at the Community Simclub.

I love this town and the people in it. It’s a close knit community that’s not over populated and the people are lovely and friendly.Well most of them.

Now that I’ve told you a little about myself I will move on to tell you about some of the neighbours I’ve been following the lives of….
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 1:57 AM
Default Warrick Summerville
Warrick Summerville has 2 daughters Bethany and Brionne now 11 and 15.

His wife left him and their daughters for another man, 3 years ago, and unfortunately for the girls she hasn’t looked back.

Warrick felt he had to make it up to his daughters for their mother taking off and leaving her responsibilities behind. He believed girls should grow up with a mother in their life and always felt sad for them.

What he didn’t realize was that he was a model father who had alone raised 2 beautiful daughters who simply adored him.

Warrick worked hard for the first couple of years as a truck driver and provided well for his family. He made a good living and eventually took over the business, hiring extra staff to do the driving, leaving him with more time to be at home.

He has of course had troubles along the way but more on that later…..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 1:59 AM
Default Michael Goodwin
On the other end of the scale we have Michael Goodwin. Who is married to a lovely woman by the name of Skylah. They have a 20 month old son Jeremy together.

but Michael works long hours often coming home long after their son has gone to bed and dinner has gone cold to a very unhappy wife.

Unbeknown to Michael, Skylah is having second thoughts about their marriage. She has tried talking to him but he insists they need the money to continue living the lifestyle they live. Skylah says it’s more important for Jeremy to have his daddy around and they don’t need materialistic things but Michael doesn’t listen……
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 2:02 AM
Default Evalina Strauss
Next we have Evalina and her younger brother Dean. Evalina runs the florist I work at and does modeling for a fashion magazine. She lives with her boyfriend and 2 other flatmates.

They all live a high lifestyle and enjoy fancy things. Although her flatmates are rather snooty Evalina remains friendly and sweet natured. I like working with her very much. She tells me of all the fancy parties she attends and of famous people and foods I have never heard of….

Her younger brother Dean is also very nice. He still lives with his parents as he is currently in highschool, but he spends most of his time at his mates playing video games.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 2:04 AM
Default Ben Woods
Then there’s Ben. Ben is very quiet and keeps to himself.

He lost his wife Sarah to cancer just over a year ago and is having a hard time adjusting. I call in on him occasionally and bring tea and scones. I ask if he’d like to come to poker with me on Fridays but he always declines. He prefers to be alone.

But I do worry about him….
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 2:07 AM
Default Jennifer Holt
Most recently a lovely girl named Jennifer moved in across the street with her son.

I saw the moving truck pull up as I was watering my garden the other day. I went and introduced myself and brought over a cherry pie.

She didn’t appear to have any help apart from her 12 year old son Brayden.

Jennifer seemed grateful for the offer of refreshments and explained how she had separated from an abusive husband and had moved back to where she grew up. Her parents were too old to offer any physical help and they were currently traveling but they were able to put a deposit on this house for her and her son.

The house was very run down but for now she didn’t care, she was just happy to have a roof over her and her sons head.

Being old myself I couldn’t offer much help either, but I did know of someone who could. I told Jennifer I would see what I could do although she said she would be fine and I made a phone call….

I knew Warrick would be more than happy to help a struggling single mother, or anyone for that matter and sure enough he was over to lend a hand.

Jennifer seemed quite taken aback by the kind gesture but nonetheless very grateful......
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 4:55 AM
Looks like you have a really neat cast here and Mary has that neighborhood angel feel about her. Looking forward to see more.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 5:40 AM
Great. Thanks very much..i'll wait and see if i get anymore responses before i continue as the next chapter is ready
Instructor
#9 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 6:10 AM
I like this story for its simplicity, please do submit the next chapter when you can please :D

I like the cast aswell, it seems there is a quite a variety at Simvalley Heights.

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 6:50 AM
I really like this story so far, very simple...and i love all the characters, well done:D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 10:43 AM
Default Warrick Summerville Part 1
When Warrick’s wife packed up and left, the girls, as expected, reacted badly. Brionne was 12 and Bethy only 6. Brionne was just about to hit her teens and therefore, this hit her quite hard. She withdrew and spent most of the first days in her bedroom.

Sometimes after Bethany had gone to bed and the TV was off he could faintly hear her crying in her room.
When Warrick would try to coax her out she would yell at him to go away, refusing to open the door.

Poor Warrick didn’t know what to do. He hated seeing his daughter like this, or not seeing her. He felt helpless pleading with her through her locked bedroom door wondering was she angry at him? Did she blame him for her mother leaving? ‘Please come out’ he would say. ‘Please come out and talk’

Bethany wasn’t coping much better, but her grief showed in a different way. Wining, answering back, grades slipping.

For the moment Warrick didn’t see any point in pushing Brionne, he understood how difficult this must be for her at such a delicate time in her life and decided to give her the time and space she needed.
Bethany he knew he could reach. Warrick was very patient and kind to his daughters but he was also very disciplined. So after a rather nasty tantrum thrown by Bethany he decided to put his foot down.

It had been many months now since their mother had left and he knew they couldn’t go on like this. As much as it pained him to do it, it was time to lay a few ground rules, for their own good.
First, after much arguing, he made Bethy sit at her desk and do her homework while he supervised, and assisted.

He also worked a ‘time-out’ rule for whenever she misbehaved. We spent many long hours on the phone Warrick and I. I was glad to be of some small assistance, even if only to lend an ear.
After some persistence, It didn’t take long for Bethy to come around. Now if only Warrick could get through to Brionne……
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 4:57 PM
yeah, another update
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 7:52 PM
Another Update! Another Update! Another Update!

Hope it will be Christmas time in Simvalley Heights!
Instructor
#14 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 9:11 PM
YAH! That was a short but sweet update, thankyou for updating

Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 12:40 AM
Ooooh, this story is good. Please keep it up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 11:39 PM
Great to hear from everyone, thanks so much for the comments
The chapters will be short but i will post multiple chapters at once so as it's not a waste of time for you all.
Updating shortly .....
Theorist
#17 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 12:04 AM
I like this story so far! I can tell that this story will turn out great, keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 9:31 AM
Default Evalina Strauss Part 1
Evalina’s boyfriend Bailey came strutting into the shop again yesterday.

I really dislike him. He treats Evalina nice enough but he’s a bit too pretentious for my liking. Not my business to pass judgement though and Evalina seems smitten. She spends a lot of money on him too. Particularly expensive aftershave and brand name clothing.

She’s very generous, often bringing in little gifts for myself and Sophie who also works with us, whenever she feels we’ve been working hard. Sometimes she ducks out and brings back little cakes and sweets from the bakery across the street. So very thoughtful of her.

I really enjoy working with Evalina.
Now where was i? I’ve gone off topic...oh; I caught bits and pieces of their conversation. It’s a small shop you see. He was whisking her off for a ‘dirty weekend’ I heard him say. In the tropics!

As much as I’m not fond of the man, I have to say I’m rather envious…….
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 9:35 AM
Default Michael Goodwin Part 1
Skylah brought a coffee in to where Michael was working in his study.

Pulling up a chair she sat down beside him. ‘You know, it’s lovely down at Simwaters this time of year. How about you take some time off work?’ ‘ Just a weekend, I know you’re busy. For some R and R, just the 3 of us?’ She asked hopefully.

‘Can’t’ Was his dismissive reply. ‘I have deadlines’
‘It’s just a weekend honey, we haven’t spent a full weekend together since before I was pregnant.’
‘We would be back before dark on Sunday’ she pleaded.
Michael looked briefly in Skylah’s direction again.

‘I’m sorry’ he replied obviously distracted. ‘Maybe when things quiet down at work.’

Arriving home from work a little earlier than usual Michael found Skylah playing on the floor with Jeremy. It was as he leant down to give her a kiss when he noticed the suitcases.

‘What are the suitcases for’ he inquired. ‘You know I can’t take time off from work, especially at a time like this.’ He ranted. ‘ I have clients..’
‘The suitcases aren’t for you. Skylah cut him off. They’re for Jeremy and I, we’re leaving Michael.’.......
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 9:40 AM
Default Ben Woods part 1
I was becoming increasingly concerned about Ben.

He just seemed to wallow around, never leaving his house except for groceries and cigarettes. Sometimes he would just sit and drink leaving empty bottles all over the floor and other times he’d spend staring at the many photographs of his late wife which were hung on his walls and around the house.

I really felt for Ben. He and Sarah loved eachother so much.
I remember when he first lost her. It happened sooner than he had expected but even still losing her was more than his heart could bear.

Sarah was a beautiful soul, my heart ached over losing her too but I stayed strong for Ben as I was the only person he would see. All I could do for him was keep his house clean and make sure he was getting enough to eat.

I just hope some happiness would come by soon to lift his spirits.
The more time that passes the worse he seems to get. As if he died when his wife did leaving nothing but an empty shell. Existing but somehow not living….
Instructor
#21 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 8:19 PM
That was another wonderful update, I do feel sorry for Michael and Skylah, it seems that there marriage is on the rocks so to speak, let's hope he stops being such a workaholic and realises what he has.

Even Ben is looking out of shape too Let's hope that spirits soar in the next update

#22 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 8:33 PM
I just found this story and I really like it!!!! I cant wait until the next update
Instructor
#23 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 8:46 PM
Oooh, I really love this sort of story. Wonderful characters, keep it up!
Theorist
#24 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 9:18 PM
Great update! The situation between Skylah and Michael really reminds me of a very similar thing from another story...can't wait to see what happens next! Ben's story has a lot of potential too. :3dcool:
#25 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 4:30 AM
Very nice story you have starting here, I have to say i really am enjoying this.. I hope you find time to do another update soon... not rushing you... even though i am excited to see what else comes from the story!!! hehe
Page 1 of 8