Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 1:14 PM
Default Reality TV
Hi, my name is Brandi Broke. I’m a 33 year old single mum. My boys are a handful but I love them to death.

There’s Dustin, he’s the oldest. He’s 16 and a half. We have a special bond because he’s the only one who can remember Skip, his dad. They were so close, Dustin’s behavior started to change in a negative way when Skip died. His grades are going down and he’s even talking about quitting school, but I won’t let him, my son ain’t no quitter.

When Skip died, Beau was just about four. He’s now 6 and such a good boy. He was a very smart toddler and now he’s doing very well at school. The opposite of Dustin.

Two years ago, we welcomed a new member to our family. My little baby boy Elvis, Skip's latest gift to us. Dustin was in seventh heaven. He may look like a tough bloke, his soft spot is babies, especially if they’re related to him. Dustin and Beau are good friends too. Beau’s happy to help me with Elvis but he now knows that his brother isn’t going to play soccer or basketball with him for a few more years

Last week, I saw Dustin kissing with his girlfriend, Angela. I’m not too fond of that snobbish girl and her family. But she’s decent, I quess. But anyhow, a strange feeling came over me when I saw them. It’s not that I don’t want Dustin to have a girlfriend, he’s old enough. I was jealous.. Here I am, always running after my kids, probably wearing a shirt covered with baby vomit. I don’t get satisfaction from my job because I don’t really have one (Though being a single mum is a very tough job). And I don't get satisfaction of a loving husband, I don't feel loved that way. Skip's dead for two years now and he wouldn't want me to neglect my social needs. I can’t remember the last time I spoke to a male sim that wasn’t my son. I have to meet someone, now!
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
#2 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 1:19 PM
Intriguing! Especially the title And I like stories that involve premade sims :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 1:22 PM
i loveeee pleasantview stories...and yours i'm sure will be great!!!
Alchemist
#4 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 1:27 PM
so far so good! I'm curious what will happen next!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 1:51 PM
Melanie: I definately like the sound of 'intriguing'! :D
Yoaiamica: I like them too, that's why I started this one
Ghanima: I think you can guess what's happening next Thanks
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 2:05 PM
Wow, this an amazing. I can't wait to see what she does next and nice title!

If you're ever looking for me I am doing 1 of 3 things...
1. Reading
2. Playing TS2
3. Or I'm on MTS2
Just send me a message if you ever want to talk and I'll get back as soon as possible. Thanxx♥
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 3:51 PM
Thank you! I wasn't sure about the title though, but it's nice and simple I guess.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 5:25 PM
Brandy is back!!..yeah
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 5:33 PM
*insert action movie music* dunadunadunaduna! Its Brandi! *runs away screaming*

Great story, cant wait for more.
Theorist
#10 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 5:42 PM
Great opening, this story looks good already! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 5:53 PM
Jenny: Yeah, she's back lol :D
ooshinaynay: Thank you :p
Captain THSP4: Thank you too
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 7:33 PM
Default Gettin' in shape
Gettin’ in shape

Last week, I’ve been acting like a hopeless middle-aged woman, desperately searching for a lover. Well, I am a hopeless woman, desperately searching for someone but I’m definitely not middle-aged! I spoke to every guy I saw (that may sound a lot but I hardly come out anymore, so the number was pathetically low). I even talked to the newspaper boy, who could be a son of mine. I soon found out this wasn’t going to work. To cure my heartache, I started to eat. Chips, chocolate, cookies, all the bad stuff of course. And then, the worst thing that can happen when you’re looking for a guy happened. I gained weight. I looked fat, very fat. I kinda lost faith but decided to work out. Not in a gym of course (how could I leave little Elvis alone?) but in my very own living room. While watching some TV, I did push ups, sit ups, more push ups and even more sit ups (yeah, not very creative with my exercises).

All a sudden, an interesting commercial came on:

I am sooo applying for that show. Reality TV is the way to go, why didn’t I see that earlier?

I think Dustin’s doing a little bit better now, at school. I sat with him and explained some things, not about the stuff he needed to learn for his courses but how important a good education is. I talked to him like he was a grown-up. He learned Elvis how to walk and he danced with Beau.

He’s really a sweet guy, I hope things will work out for him.
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 7:44 PM
haha...bad_kay when i saw the photos for the advertisment i first thought morty was looking for a bride...silly me.anyway...great story i'm camping here until the next update *start fiddling with the tent stick* ))
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 9:44 PM
Well, I don't know but that grey groom in the left picture isn't Mortimer, that's Bella's brother (who was married to Dina Caliente :p). And thank you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 11:51 PM
Oooooooooo!!! Can't wait for the next.

If you're ever looking for me I am doing 1 of 3 things...
1. Reading
2. Playing TS2
3. Or I'm on MTS2
Just send me a message if you ever want to talk and I'll get back as soon as possible. Thanxx♥
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 12:34 AM
lol Can't wait to see Brandi's TV debuet! I'm watching this one.
Theorist
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 2:59 AM
Reality TV eh? Sounds good to me, great update!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 5:32 AM
awh this is awsome! update!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 6:49 PM
P_in_P 14: Thank you, I already have some pictures!
Shenanigans: It's always nice to have other writers reading my story
Captain THPS4: Yups, reality TV. You didn't see that one coming, did you? :p
Tixi: Thanks! I love your story btw
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 8:26 PM
Great start, can't wait for more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 9:41 PM
Thanks Lindsay! I love all of your feedback, people!

The next chapter is nearly finished, jsut need to upload the pictures to Photobucket. I'll update tomorrow.
#22 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 3:39 AM
i love brandi!!! she's my fav townie...i have high hopes for this story Bad kay....help bring brandi back in style *campaigns for brandi* * waits w/ a picket sign for the next update* :D
#23 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 3:45 AM
Yay this is interesting You made Dustin sound so nice In my game he's the little rebel!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 12:45 PM
SG: Thank you so much
melanie: he's a confused teenager who lost his dad, I thought I'd give him a chance.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 7:53 PM
Zits and geeky faces

Aloha! The last 4 days have been oh so hectic! I actually did apply for the show, after talking to Beau. He was saying I’ve got nothing to lose with this program and he said he knew that this would make me happier, and that it was going to be a once-in-a-lifetime-experience. Gotta love him

A few hours after I sent a mail, I already had a date set for the photographer to come by to take some pictures and such (yeah, a photographer taking pictures, renewing isn’t it?). And so he came yesterday.

It. Was. Terrible

First, Dustin refused to be in the picture because his face was full of zits. Okay, he may have had some acne but which 16 year old doesn’t?

Because this picture was soo important to me, I said that zits added personality and that he wasn’t supposed to be a supermodel and that nobody would care if he had zits or not and that I’d give him a new game for his computer if he let the photographer do his work.

So far so good, everybody was dressed in their prettiest clothes. But Beau felt like pulling weird faces so now all of the pictures are ruined.
But they’re gone and we can’t make new ones so these will have to do the trick. Fingers crossed!

P.S: Here’s the picture

Page 1 of 7