Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 12:47 PM
Great story! Michelle is so pretty. For some reason that hair looks ridiculous on all my sims, but it looks perfect on her
Advertisement
#52 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 12:55 PM
i've been reading your story since the beginning, &since you said such nice things about mine i figured i'd come on over &tell you how much i've loved yours since you posted it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 2:13 PM
Aaw thanks Brodie. :P

liis: Yes, I was surprised about the hair thing too. I've tried it on a bunch of other sims, and it did look... hrm, not so good. But Michelle is quite pretty with it for some reason.

"Euphobia- Fear of hearing good news."
Doctor: Good news - you are completely healthy!
Patient: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! [collapses and dies of chok]

http://www.iduniq.com - your own, personal unique ID - join the wave; I'm #3013 :D
#54 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 3:30 PM
oooh! Can't wait for next chapter! I hope everything works out :o
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 4:59 PM
Notice: The next few chapters probably won't make you jump around the room in excitement - but I believe that if there's tension, cliffhangers, and excitement in each chapter, it kinda takes the reality out of the story. Anyway, I hope you'll like them nonetheless.

Chapter 7: The Encounter

“Hey, look, Mom and Dad! Michelle’s got a visitor!” Jan yelled in excitement, pointing at us. It wasn’t easy to tell that he was two years older than me. What an idiot.

“Uh, hi, Mom and Dad… you see, what happened was that…” I tried.

“Alright, young missy, who is this young man?” my father demanded to know.

“It’s, uh, it’s Lorenzo”. My parents looked suspiciously at each other, while Jan openly glared at us with a stupid grin on his face. “Yo, Sis, did you two just WooHoo?” he asked, winking knowingly in my direction.

Both mine and Lorenzo’s faces turned completely red in an instant. I smiled uncomfortably.

“Eh, no… eh… well… eh, that’s none of your business, Jan”, I said, trying to keep my cool, unsuccessfully.

“Michelle!” my Mom burst out. I felt kind of ashamed, but come to think of it, I was nearly 18 years old and fully capable of making my own decisions. “What, Mom? I can do whatever I want. You said you wanted to meet Lorenzo, well, here he is. We’ve been together for 4 months now.”

I could tell that both my mother and father worked the problem in their heads, not being able to decide if they were mad, pleased, disappointed, or just confused. I think my Dad at least landed on confused. “But… but, weren’t you sick? Did, did he come here to take care of you last night, because you felt so bad, or, or… eh…” my dad rambled on. He never had quite the way with words.

“Oh, come on, Per, can’t you see it? She faked it! Just so that she could stay home with her boyfriend. Dear lord… well, I must admit, I am a little disappointed in you, Michelle.”

I swallowed something. My Mom was very unpleasant when she was mad, and she was able to make you feel incredibly guilty and to admit everything. I’m surprised she wasn’t a cop; she’d be perfect at making criminals confess.

“Michelle, dear… why did you think you had to hide this from us? I always knew you were serious about Lorenzo from the way you talked about him. I am actually surprised we didn’t meet him sooner. He sounds like a good guy. Hi, Lorenzo. I am Julie, and this is Per… and over there is Jan”. Jan waved goofily, still wearing that stupid grin.

Julie stepped closer and took Lorenzo’s hand. “Welcome to the family, honey” she smiled at him.

My Dad sighed and mumbled something that sounded like “hello”, went into the living room, and turned on the TV. A game was on.

A heavy weight had been lifted from my shoulders, and I could tell Lorenzo felt the same way. I heard a loud sigh coming from him, and I gazed up into his eyes. He smiled at me. We both knew this was going to be alright. Then my Mom made omelettes for everyone, and we sat down at the dinner table – me, Lorenzo, my Mom, and Jan. After a while my Dad joined us. Oh yes, this was going to be just fine…

http://www.iduniq.com - your own, personal unique ID - join the wave; I'm #3013 :D
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 5:08 PM
Yay Im glad her family took it well. I just hope nothing bad happens soon...
#57 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 5:39 PM
lol, i wouldnt have wanted to be lorenzo at that moment.

Great story! I like the way you write, helps us really relate to the charactors. Its also cool to see the differences between U.S. and Denmark's cultures
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 5:44 PM
Thanks for FB's and compliments. :P

xsamsx29: Nah, I do believe Lorenzo wasn't quite comfortable with the whole situation. :D

There are big differences between the cultures? Well, of course, I know there is but is it very obvious through the story? I'm just curious. Never been to the US - only experienced it through movies and such. :D

EDIT: By the way, I don't think Michelle's father has quite warmed up to Lorenzo yet. Pretty typical fathers - and Lorenzo does look like the typical 'charmer', so of course her father seems a bit uncomfortable with the whole thing - but (also pretty common) it is his wife that is in control.

Mad Poster
#59 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 6:09 PM
Well, speaking as a parent, you certainly got the initial reaction down pat! But also as a parent ... yes, an American one ... I would realize that yes, I could object to the woo-hoo all I want, but it's not going to do a whole lot of good with an older teen who is considered old enough to know what's what in my culture. (I know that in parts of Europe, the age where children are considered old enough to know about sex and alcohol is much lower than here. I'm not sure about Denmark. I read it was 15 somewhere. I know you wrote that it was in the mid-teens.) I'd be keeping an eye on Lorenzo for a time to make sure he's not playing my daughter (and I'd do that even if the girl was 25!), but life must go on.

Good job! Update, please, soon!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 6:53 PM
OMG cool great story i dont have a BF yet my friends tell me to get one lol i am only thirteen sorry for off topic great story please update soon
Test Subject
#61 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 7:00 PM
OH MY LORD how ı never saw this story before its wonderful,5 star
your so talented vinhou
please keep goin
#62 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 7:01 PM
I love this story. :D
I hope nothing bad happens. !!
#63 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 7:06 PM
great update
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 7:59 PM
Thanks all! :D

Don't worry - I'll be sure to continue this story, right until the end. After all, all the chapters are already finished.

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 11:09 PM
YAY please continue soon!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 1:39 PM
Chapter 8: What the Future Holds

Now that I had introduced Lorenzo to my parents, regardless of the circumstances, I felt that Lorenzo and I were very serious about each other. And with my 18th birthday approaching, I had bared to scrape together enough money to be able to get my own apartment. However, Lorenzo surprised me.

“How about you came to live with me… in my apartment? I have enough room, and we could save a lot of money by sharing it. Besides, then we could be together all the time! What do you think?”

Of course I was very pleased with his suggestion – so a week after I turned 18 I moved in with him. I redecorated the apartment with the money I had saved up, because, let’s face it… the apartment looked like a true bachelor pad. Not exactly my style.

But after I redecorated it, it was actually very nice!

However, I do believe I overdid the bedroom just a little… Lorenzo found it too feminine, I wonder why?

We planned to have my parents over for dinner, and Lorenzo suggested that we invited his parents too. I hadn’t met them yet, because they lived 100 miles away. The only reason Lorenzo lived so far away from them was that he had gotten a job here as a mechanic’s apprentice.

I hesitated a little. I was mildly scared of meeting them. Lorenzo always talked lovingly about them, but it also seemed as though he was a little intimidated by them, as if they were a bit controlling of him. But fair is fair, he had met my parents, so of course I wanted to meet them. So they were invited too.

Lorenzo seemed anxious at the arrival of his parents. He put an extreme effort into his hair, and he even shaved his beard and put on his nice clothes.

In my mind it seemed a bit extreme, but of course I didn’t know much about their relationship. Perhaps this was normal behaviour in the Salvatore family. I went with the flow and styled myself up a bit too, just so that he wouldn’t feel silly.

At dinner I served pork chops, my Mom’s recipe. She even helped me cook it, because my parents arrived an hour early.

At 7.10 pm his parents arrived, and I was a little baffled. His mother was gorgeous and moved with an astounding amount of grace. She affectionately hugged her son hello and then approached me. “Hi, bella, my name is Angelia” she said with a noticeable Italian accent. She smiled at me. I smiled back, feeling both insecure and sloppy by comparison, even though I had shined myself up a little. I understood why Lorenzo had gone through so much to look his best.

His father, Marco, was accordingly handsome. He showed me a winning smile, revealing a single gold tooth. “Hello, Michaela”, he said. “Eh, Dad, it’s Michelle”, Lorenzo corrected him. “Oh, right, I’m so sorry. Michelle, of course.”

Both of his parents were dressed in very high-class clothes. She was wearing a glamorous formal dress, while he was wearing a suit that was a bit more casual, but still something my family could never afford. In short: They were very wealthy! And I never knew that. I wondered why Lorenzo had never told me that his family had money. He probably didn’t want me to be with him because of money or status.

And no wonder Lorenzo was gorgeous… with those parents! If we stayed together and had children I was certainly sure my child got some good-looking genes…

Dinner went fine. There was polite conversation, and it felt like my parents took a liking to the Salvatores. However, Lorenzo did act a little stiff around them, as if he was worried to say the wrong things or appear less perfect than they believed him to be.

When his mother told him that his hair was a bit messy he immediately ran to the nearest mirror and put a bunch of hair gel in it. Yes, they certainly had quite the impact on his behaviour…

When dinner was over, everyone was full, and we had been sitting around talking for a few hours, we said goodbye to his parents. A simple handshake was enough for my parents, I got a friendly hug from both of them, and Lorenzo of course got both hugs and kisses.

Afterwards Lorenzo went to the mirror to change his hair back to normal, and I followed my parents to the door. My mother told me quietly that she felt that something wasn’t right with his parents. “They’re so manipulative. Especially the mother. And his father looks and acts like someone who would jump anything with a heartbeat! Of course, it’s possible Lorenzo didn’t inherit it… he is a good guy, Michelle. Well, see you later, honey. Love you. Kisses.”

“Yeah, uh, bye” my Dad mumbled. I was a little surprised by my mother’s statement… but she was a woman with a lot of opinions, and I had to admit that she was almost always right when it came to her opinions of other people.

Theorist
#67 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 4:24 PM
Good update! I wonder what's next? I bet Lorenzo does have some secret of some kind that's related to his parents. By the way...about Michelle's hair, you just have to experiment a little. One of my adult sims named Justine has the same hair as Michelle, except that Justine is older. If you're curious just check out my post in the 'post your most beautiful sims' thread. It's a few pages back. :bump:
#68 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 4:28 PM
Good update! Michelle is very pretty, i liked that dress
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 4:33 PM
Wow it is so good update soon!
Mad Poster
#70 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 5:19 PM
Yes, Lorenzo's good looks do run in the family. Interesting comment about Lorenzo's parents, though, by Michelle's mom. Uh-oh.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 6:21 PM
YAY!! WHEEE!!!! LOVES AND KISSIES!!! They're together! I hope everything goes well... But it feels a bit tingly..
Test Subject
#72 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:38 AM
Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh its spicing things up, great story
Field Researcher
#73 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 5:33 PM
omg gorgeous where did you get the bed?
Field Researcher
#74 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 5:41 PM
ahh a cliffhanger well a litle one another another another please
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 8:45 PM
Danishani2: The bed is... from... ooh. Aha! I found it!! I got it from Birgit43 at MTS2, here's the link: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=173297

I'll update tomorrow. The pics have been taken, but I haven't had the time to upload them - for once I've actually led a LIFE today (happens very rarely).

Page 3 of 17