Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 3:13 PM
Default A mod that stops Sims taking money from household when they leave?
Hey everyone

As you all know, if you have a multi-sim household and one of them chooses 'Find Own Place', they leave and they seem to take a random amount of money with them. (At least it seems random to me )

Is there a way to stop this?

I'd be happy if they went into the SimBin with ยง0.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 4:21 PM
Vanilla behaviour gives everyone 20k when they leave that isn't taken from the household funds. Do you have Pescado's hack?

no20Khandouts.package

Eliminates the magic 20K handout when a sim moves out or graduates from college. A sim moving out will simply take a proportional split of the cash reserves of the current family. No more. No such thing as a free lunch. If a sim family breaks up, the sim being booted out will take the minimum amount to afford a lot, 3K, from the treasury if available. Otherwise, he gets whatever is left. If that's not enough to afford even the odd 2x2 lot....too bad! Life's a bitch and then you're raped by wild boars!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 8:49 PM Last edited by FranH : 24th Jul 2019 at 10:10 AM.
Actually, Charity, the equation for moving out funds comes from the number of pixels in the household and the total of household funds on hand (not in a bank).
For instance-
A family of four (Mom, Dad, 2 critters) has $35,000. The parents split and one of them leaves, but with 1/4th of the household funds.In this case, that would be $8,750.
In a poorer family, such numbers decrease, and then there's Monique's child support mod to contend with if you have it in game. It can be quite challenging to make arrangements for a nearly bankrupt pixel.

Edit: as noted, this is with Pescado's "No20khandouts" mod.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Actually, Charity, the equation for moving out funds comes from the number of pixels in the household and the total of household funds on hand (not in a bank).
For instance-
A family of four (Mom, Dad, 2 critters) has $35,000. The parents split and one of them leaves, but with 1/4th of the household funds.In this case, that would be $8,750.
In a poorer family, such numbers decrease, and then there's Monique's child support mod to contend with if you have it in game. It can be quite challenging to make arrangements for a nearly bankrupt pixel.

That's what Pescado's mod does.
Alchemist
#5 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 11:41 AM
No20KHandouts doesn't stop sims from taking money when they leave, which is what the OP is asking.

Use Pescado's Money Order. Another, less well known maybe, feature of the Money Order, is that you can set the exact amount a sim moves out with. Simply fill out the money order(or in this case, leave it at zero), then stick the money order in the inventory of the sim moving out. Have the sim with the money order in their inventory do the moving out (Find Own Place) and then they should move out with whatever total you set on the money order.

ETA source/extra reading: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...060#post5304060

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#6 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 4:43 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 24th Jul 2019 at 9:32 PM.
Hi, ichigo2006! The move-out mod by lamare does (ETA: almost!) exactly this (I can confirm from using a beta version of the mod's flex flavor in my game). However, it's currently still in development (here); also, it sounds like she's actually taken it down while she finishes it (so the links don't work). But her last post in that thread was end of June, so perhaps she is working on it right now.

Still, even once she finishes it, I'm concerned it may not work for you, because for example, the published similar mod she has made for YAs (called YA-move-out-of-college, found here) requires either AL or M&G, and your profile doesn't mention that you have either. Still, not everyone updates their profile, so just in case---plus it's possible that when she finishes the newer mod, it'll not have the same version requirements.

More about how that lamare's in-progress mod works in terms of move-out money: when any sim leaves the household (including jilted lovers!), right around the time the taxi pulls away, you get a resurrection-style amount slider (newer version might have a box to type in a number). You select how much they take from family funds, up to all the available funds---or if you select 0, they will be given 20,000 (fixed amount that will appear from nowhere in the moving-out sim's funds, leaving the familyfunds for the remaining household completely unchanged).
ETA: And that's why I say it almost works exactly like you want: you can't select 0 but can usually select a very small number that varies with household net worth, so I've had sims move out with $7 or $98 or whatever.

Otherwise or in the meantime, yes, as Phantomknight mentions, Pescado's Money Order (go here and click the link for your latest game version, then go into the "hacks" folder to find it alphabetically) is the way to do something similar that's likely to be compatible with your version and is currently available. (And heh, thanks for the cite, Phantomknight! Agreed, that is still valid info about moneyorder.)

ETA: I'm not actually sure whether you can set the departing sim to take exactly 0 funds with moneyorder either. You might, as with lamare's mod, have to set them to take whatever the next increment is above 0. Haven't used moneyorder for this purpose since I've had lamare's above mod, so I can't recall whether not programming the moneyorder with any amount (which is the only time its value = 0) results in normal Maxis move-out money logic applying.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Alchemist
#7 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 9:29 PM
No problem, @natboopsie! (I chuckled, too, when I saw that the post was by you!)

Anyway, @ichigo2006, I do use the Money Order and I can confirm that you can move a sim out with exactly zero funds with it. It's the only reason I use the Money Order, in fact, as other mods take care of its other uses. However, I do use the latest/AL version, so if you don't have AL, you might want to test and see if that was an old feature or not, as this function is not documented in the FAQ/read me.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her