Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 7:05 AM Last edited by Boosterbear : 23rd Jul 2019 at 7:41 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Toddler Looks Like Baby
So... My computer has been having some issues. Recently, it has been crashing often right after a sim was born in my Santos lot (descendants of Jill Smith, if anyone's curious).

Now, I've got it sort of figured out. (Not really, but it isn't crashing at the moment, knock on wood.)
Jill's daughter, Celsey, had baby Nicole.
Nicole aged up to toddler, no problem, changed her appearance in the mirror - Golden.
Then I went to save again, and my computer crashed mid-save

After opening the lot again, Nicole looked like this:

I've already tried deleting her with the move tool, that's why she's back at the mailbox. At one point she was solid black.
What I noticed while in SimPE was that she IS recognized as a toddler, fortunately(?) At least it didn't forget her age.
I know my crash DURING a save probably caused some issues as some things were rewritten and others weren't.
This is a lot of rambling for two questions, so I'll cut to the chase:

1. Am I good? Is this a sign of irreversible hood corruption, and will Nicole end up wrecking shop for the rest of my hood?
(Side note, my game's probably already borked anyway, I'm not expecting to make it through another rotation, though I am hoping to - and I'd still like to do what I can to make it through THIS one relatively unscathed.)
2. Can I fix the baby body in any way other than waiting for Nicole to age into a child?
The missing head isn't relevant, btw, I know what that's because of (kind of, I think it's a skin I have loading improperly) so that isn't an issue at all.

Thanks in advance!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 9:09 AM
You could use a hack to age her to child and then back down to toddler again. That might fix her.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 9:55 AM
Yes, ^ I would do that then make a backup and run Hood Checker. Simblender is easy enough to age up and down. Make sure your anti-virus is set to leave sim files alone as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Boosterbear
1. Am I good? Is this a sign of irreversible hood corruption, and will Nicole end up wrecking shop for the rest of my hood?

No, the game saves a lot of files when you save a lot and yours crashed after saving some but not all. The toddler's character file, all the 3d resources for the sim never got saved and were left as baby. Aging the toddler up and down again is the fastest way to correct the sim's character file.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 3:36 PM
Drat, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that, I hate sims having duplicate memories of things. But hey, I've removed and edited memories in SimPE before, no problem doing it again.

joandsarah - That's smart, I should get that set up. For the time being my antivirus has been off, though, since I heard it may have been causing my computer crashes as well as preventing me from installing FreeSO

Chris - Thank you for that explanation of what happened! I figured/hoped it was just due to the mid-save crash, but I thought it'd be best to get some second opinions.

Thanks again, all!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Forum Resident
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 9:10 PM
Sounds like your question is answered, Boosterbear, and hopefully the age-up/-down thing worked great.

I'm more popping in to say that I'm concerned that you have your antivirus off while running Windows. It's fine if you are still running Windows Defender (comes with recent Windows versions) and preferably a firewall in the meantime---especially if you're connected to the internet (and I guess if you're downloading FreeSO, you are).

So, not to lecture you, but just encouraging you to be sure you're running a safe setup.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 4:23 AM
It was a temporary thing, as, like I said, it was causing issues with my download (since it thought FreeSO was a virus) and had sectioned off sections of files it shouldn't have, leading to my computer repeatedly crashing. It is and has been under control, and I haven't had a chance to check on the babytoddler yet. Thanks for your concern (: