Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 5:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Can't log in to TS3 account in-game or in launcher
This only started a few weeks ago, but I suddenly can't seem to log in with my TS3 account either in-game or in the launcher itself. In the launcher, it doesn't give an error, just brings me back to the login window. In-game, it says my email address and/or password is incorrect. I've reset my password several times and the exact same issue occurs- though I can log in on thesims3.com perfectly fine.

I've tried contacting EA, but they're not that useful. (They keep assuming it's some issue with my Origin account)

I do have some mods installed, including NRaas MasterController, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap. The rest are just minor items and clothing. I have all the expansions purchased and installed through Origin (my base game was from the retail CD and activated on Origin) except Generations and Supernatural, and the only stuff packs I have are the 70s, 80s, 90s and High End Loft Stuff.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 7:05 AM
Try deleting the cache and cookies on Internet Explorer, while deselecting the option to Preserve Data for Favorites. Even if you never use IE yourself and Windows is hiding it on you, the game still uses its resources and the login data can get clogged up over time.

For a visual: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
wait... wut? did you say internet explorer?

You betcha. The finest web browser ever made, nothing else could ever hold a candle to its nifty design elements, thoughtfully planned out advanced user interface, adherence to web standards...okay pardon me, but I've just given myself the Nausea moodlet and have to go take care of that.

Many legacy programs still leverage its resources even if the user pays no attention to the browser itself and it's still "baked in" to all versions of Windows except perhaps in Enterprise environments.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Try deleting the cache and cookies on Internet Explorer, while deselecting the option to Preserve Data for Favorites. Even if you never use IE yourself and Windows is hiding it on you, the game still uses its resources and the login data can get clogged up over time.

For a visual: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Huh. I had no idea TS3 was one of those programs that depends on IE. I followed those steps but it didn't seem to make a difference, unfortunately. I also tried running the 'Repair Game' utility in Origin, but it didn't find any issues with my install.
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 9:53 PM Last edited by ElaineNualla : 10th Jul 2019 at 5:10 AM.
@igazor "Internet Explorer"?, you're bad, bad, bad boy, my dear.
now you get a soap into your mouth and stay in the corner until the Lady say it is enough. For such bad words there must be a punishment. Kneeling on the pea may help to heal your vocabulary, too.

@MoogleMog, for what reason you want to connect the game or the Launcher? You may (and should) keep them always disconnected. There's no need to connect them if you need to install some CC.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
@igazor "Internet Explorer"?, you're bad, bad, bad boy, my dear.
now you get a soap into your mouth and stay in the corner until the Lady say it is enough. For such bad words there must be a punishment. Kneeling on the pea may help to heal your vocabulary, too.

@MoogleMog, for what reason you want to connect the game or the Launcher? You may (and should) keep them always disconnected. There's no need to connect them if you need to install some CC.

I'd like to be able to use the Store. Amazingly, I still have SimPoints on my account from way back at launch when they gave out free SimPoints with the base game, and there's some items I wanted to buy.

At this point, I might go through the process of backing up my mods and reinstalling the game. Something is definitely wonky.
Scholar
#8 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 6:35 PM
uh that's sucks (I mean - leftover store points), they cannot be used in the exchange or other EA site directly?

*Have you considered sending them to Wilson as "surprise mechanics"? #not-being-serious

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
uh that's sucks (I mean - leftover store points), they cannot be used in the exchange or other EA site directly?

*Have you considered sending them to Wilson as "surprise mechanics"? #not-being-serious

Oh, actually, I never considered that. Though I don't know if there will be a way to install purchased content without being signed in. I'll give it a shot!

Otherwise, I'm thinking a reinstall of the game is in order. Thanks for the help!
Instructor
#10 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 10:29 PM
You can definitely use the sims points on the website and download from the website. I am not sure on an origin install if you have to be logged in to install them. I just always found it less laggy to buy and download from the website, then install them using the launcher but I have a pre 2012 base game and all discs so I don’t have to use Origin or have the launcher logged in. I will repurchase everything on Steam to avoid 1.69 if I ever need to.