Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2019 at 9:39 AM
Default Export Failed problem
I need help cause I'm getting so frustrated. I'm trying to export my sims so I can uninstall and reinstall my game, then redi my mods folder but I keep getting export failed for every household I try to export. Even in CAS I can't export them. I was only able to export one of my sims, the rest won't work. It's almost like it's a glitch. I already cleared my cache, deleted the sims folder nothing is working and I need my sims exported! Please help, what can I do to stop this
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th May 2019 at 10:18 AM
I'm not clear on why you require your sims to be exported.

If they are individual unplayed sim templates as seen in CAS, their files should be in SavedSims.
If they are households to be placed into new games, they should be saved to the household bin in Edit Town and the results will form files in Library.
If they are current sims with in-progress games, then the game saves that include the sims will be in Saves.

The SavedSims, Library, and Saves folders are all in your TS3 user game folder in Documents and can be copied to the Desktop or a removable thumb drive (or though the cloud or other form of networking if necessary) along with other things there once you get your game installed and running and enough of your content copied over to a new game folder to make it all work. Typically exports are to share your creations with other players who would never have had them in any form prior.

Also, perhaps you have your reasons but are you certain you need to uninstall and reinstall? That involves the game's Program Files, not the user added/created stuff that we have in our TS3 user game folder in Documents. In most instances reinstalling the program is not necessary as the files down there do not change with usage unless you have done something with them yourself, just pulling the game folder out of Documents and thus making a new one spawn on the next launch is usually sufficient for what we call a "factory reset" of the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2019 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I'm not clear on why you require your sims to be exported.

If they are individual unplayed sim templates as seen in CAS, their files should be in SavedSims.
If they are households to be placed into new games, they should be saved to the household bin in Edit Town and the results will form files in Library.
If they are current sims with in-progress games, then the game saves that include the sims will be in Saves.

The SavedSims, Library, and Saves folders are all in your TS3 user game folder in Documents and can be copied to the Desktop or a removable thumb drive (or though the cloud or other form of networking if necessary) along with other things there once you get your game installed and running and enough of your content copied over to a new game folder to make it all work. Typically exports are to share your creations with other players who would never have had them in any form prior.

Also, perhaps you have your reasons but are you certain you need to uninstall and reinstall? That involves the game's Program Files, not the user added/created stuff that we have in our TS3 user game folder in Documents. In most instances reinstalling the program is not necessary as the files down there do not change with usage unless you have done something with them yourself, just pulling the game folder out of Documents and thus making a new one spawn on the next launch is usually sufficient for what we call a "factory reset" of the game.

The reason why I'm exporting them is because I'm starting over my mods folder and I don't want some of my sims to lose their cc since I don't know where most of them came from. And because I would also like to send my sims to some people and they require me to export them so they come with my cc. I'm uninstalling my game just so my game can also run faster but I mainly need some of my sims exported so there isn't missing cc from them. I just don't know why they aren't exporting. Only one sim exported the rest won't
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2019 at 6:23 PM
Was hoping others reading this would have some suggestions as I have very little experience with exports like that. The few times I have run them it's taken something like ten tries on the same sim, with the eleventh one mysteriously working for some reason. The process has always been reported as unstable.
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd May 2019 at 5:09 AM
The only thing I can think is maybe corrupt CC. I have never exported though so I really have no idea.