Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 7:32 PM Last edited by SarteLindsay : 9th Apr 2019 at 7:43 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Some spots on the ground are unclickable (possibly due to invisible objects?)
World I play in: Roaring Heights
Patch: 1.67

What happens is that some spots on the ground are unclickable (The cursor pointer turns into the red circle error sign)
But sims will successfully walk/drive through those spots if they have to walk through it to reach something, you just can't order them to go on that exact spot.

At first I thought this was an issue with the world itself, but I liked the world and the issue was small enough that I didn't pay much attention.

Then, recently, I was taking out an item (broken umbrella) from my sim's inventory. I placed it on the floor and it went invisible. But the umbrella is still there because I can't click the tile it's on, I can't delete the tile it's on, and Nraas's Master controller "object info" says that it is indeed there.

Then i realized, maybe objects are going invisible and that's why I can't click on some spots?

I first tried the world on a brand new save, and the problem wasn't there at all! (I did this with all my mods and CC still installed.)

To confirm that this wasn't a CC/mod problem, I made a copy of my original save file and played on it with no CC and mods at all (except for store objects, Nraas Master controller (base, cheats, integration) and Overwatch.

It did not solve the problem so I think it's safe to assume this is not caused by CC/mods.
And yes, I cleared caches (including world caches) and I also tried resetting the entire town through master controller. Both of these did nothing.

It's a very strange glitch. I have never encountered a glitch like this before and I don't remember doing anything special before this happened (and I'm sure my sim just moved in the town.)

I could easily save my sim and her house to the library, start a new game in the same town and place her back in but that would mean she's gonna lose all of her relationships.
I'd also like to know how to prevent something like this from happening again and why it's even happening in the first place.

It happens on both roads and lots.
Below are pictures of some of the glitched spots I know so far:

I don't know if system specs are relevant with this one but here they are anyways:

I will edit this post if I find out about anything.
I hope I didn't miss any rules.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
can't say for all of them, might be routing issues and what not.

but if you want to get rid of invisible objects

use NRAAS MC and go to

household --> object stats --> select "all" --> local

it will pause and freeze for a few seconds then the menu will pop up with every object in the world. On the top look for anything that is some sort of "jig" or "placeholder" and delete them.

I saw 3 jigs: A jig for rabbithole doors, a social jig for one person (It seemed like it belonged to my sim) and a jig for pet surface (or something like that.) I did not touch any of it because I don't know if I should delete them or not.

It did help me get rid of the invisible umbrella and that gourmet food pet bowl that for some reason can't be sold or deleted, though. So thank you
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 8:00 AM
I'd be careful, however, with deleting the rabbithole jigs. Some users had problems with their games after doing so. The social jigs are fine to delete though and your second pic looks as if it's the horse related one.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 9:52 AM
Hm, I just remember that over at NRaas they did some testing and the result was that deleting the rabbithole jigs suddenly caused them to multiply exponentially, which rendered some of the rabbitholes unusable. The question is anyway why one would want to delete them in the first place.

I also do not know what the "placeholder" objects are. Are they really safe to delete? I mean they could perform an important function, no?

Social jigs are relatively safe to delete, especially during the night when the chances are low that what you delete are really leftover jigs and not some that are still in use.
Inventor
#9 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Hm, I just remember that over at NRaas they did some testing and the result was that deleting the rabbithole jigs suddenly caused them to multiply exponentially, which rendered some of the rabbitholes unusable. The question is anyway why one would want to delete them in the first place.

I also do not know what the "placeholder" objects are. Are they really safe to delete? I mean they could perform an important function, no?

Social jigs are relatively safe to delete, especially during the night when the chances are low that what you delete are really leftover jigs and not some that are still in use.

I had that problem too, when I would delete the rabbithole jigs, next time there would be more. So I never touch them again.
Pet jigs will disapear when, in my case a cat, will stop sleeping or using whatever object they are on.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 4:44 PM
When social and pet jigs become truly abandoned and disassociated from the sims who once owned them, it seems like they will never get removed and they can get in the way of routing. Many of us see these after a toddler is being taught to walk or a pet is being trained, this was a huge glitch going back to when Pets was released and it got better after one of the subsequent patches but was never fully resolved (again, for many of us). They can still show up and get stuck in other scenarios if one or both of the sims using them gets reset suddenly or if a party that was at one time taking place suddenly ceases to be happening.

The only time I dare to remove rabbithole door jigs is when I am certain that there is no one inside the rabbithole, such as might be the case off-hours. I believe ErrorTrap is now supposed to clean them up eventually if the game itself does not. Apparently different players are still seeing different things with those, but I usually let them be unless I see hundreds of them again on a rabbithole that isn't currently in use by anyone.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
@igazor Going with Don Babilon's question, what are placeholder jigs, what purpose do they serve and can they be deleted?

I didn't comment on those because I wasn't (and am still not) sure what was being talked about. Perhaps a screenshot of a MC Object Stats screen or something similar that is identifying objects this way might help?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 5:41 PM
Those all look like typical objects to me, including the Ocean one (which I would not delete).

Sometimes I do find oddball things on the World Lot under a couple of those categories like pizza and music boxes (or something like that) when I know they have no business being there and feel pretty safe in deleting those. Not sure what they really are, they cannot be focused upon and may be misidentified on the lists. But those can't be the same thing as something identified as a "placeholder."