Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2012 at 5:46 AM Last edited by Night Racer : 6th May 2012 at 5:30 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Need help creating Genie default Package
So I saw Engrams Genie default on her LJ, and she said she used a default here on the site:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=299129
as the base for her mod. So I took to editing Leh's supernatural skintones for my own private use, recoloring the alien skin to be light purple, and putting on Pithy's edit recolors of kinemortophibia's edit of sarhs eyes (so many edits x_x) and started building the package, just as I learned for editing default skintones files; right click the texture image, build DTX, pick image, build, commit, save. But when I do that the file corrupts and becomes no good. The name just become [Texture Image] and my images dont show up.

File, as downloaded, before my edits:

File name corrupts and goes away during editing:

And what the files look like when finished file is opened. I also notice "Directory of compressed files is missing too?:

So what im asking is, am I doing something wrong here? Engrahm used the same files as a base for hers, Is there another method to do this that I don't know about? Or is this file no good? How do I go about creating a new one from scratch?
EDIT: I downloaded Engrahms package, and tried using that as base, but the same problem occurs. So it must be my method or something.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th May 2012 at 5:54 AM
I'd suggest you post this in the create forum instead. You're much more likely to find someone who knows their way around SimPE there.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2012 at 5:56 AM
Damn it you're right. I always make this mistake. My bad, sorry. Can I get a move? Ill try to remember this next time...bah