Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 12:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Seasons, Free Time
Default Game Wont go past Family loading screen
Right, so I've just installed Sims 2 Freetime.
Everything loads up perfectly (apart from the occasionaly dips in the sound) up until I load a family.
The blue squares finish loading, I hear the sound of the weather (from Seasons), may be wind, may be rain etc. And that's it. The cursor continues to rotate and the music still plays on.

However, when I play the game without custom content, everything works out fine. Could this be the problem? I've deleted some things already but playing without it will make the game plain boring!

Thanks in advance x
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 12:23 AM
If you've removed custom content and it solves the problem then you have a bad piece of content. Most likely, an outdated hack.

The thing to do now is figure out which content is causing the issue. The first thing you should do is make sure all of your hacks are compatible with your latest expansion pack.

Once you have done that, if there is still a problem when you have all of your content in the folder, is to remove it and replace about half of the folder at a time until you are no longer able to load it completely. From there you should be able to narrow it down to the problem content. Do not save while you are testing.

More detailed instruction here: http://nene.modthesims.info/wiki.ph..._Custom_Content

kittens!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 12:38 PM
Apologies for the late reply - I've been swamped with starting uni!
Thanks for this, I'll try it now and keep you updated
x