Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 10:56 PM
Default Please Help Me: Creating Morph For Male Bottom.
Hello,

I am new when it comes to making CC, so I don't know the basics, but I am good at following instructions. The only problem is that I can't find an updated tutorial on adding a pregnancy morph to a male nude bottom. The ones I managed to find were for store items or full body outfits only. I just want to add a morph, and from what I read, many claim its pretty easy, so I wanted to do it myself since it is only just this one item.

If anyone can help me, I would be really grateful. I just want to have a morph for this one item. I will put down some questions that I had just in case anyone can answer them as well.

What I have installed: Milkshake, Meshtoolkit, s3pe, and TSR workshop.

1. How do I extract the mesh from the CC item? I know it the Geom files and you need s3pe, but all I got was package files?
2. How do I import it into milkshake?
3. I know meshtoolkit is supposed to make morphing easier, but I wonder how? Like what steps is it skipping to make it easier??
4. I don't mind editing the mesh, I just need a good tutorial, preferably with pictures, so if anyone knows one please link it to me.

The mesh I want to add a preg morph to is custom content and a bottom only. It's a nude bottom. Just in case that changes things or makes it easier? I do already have the male nude top and bottom with the preg morph from cmanyc.

Ugh, I don't know. Please help.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 9:30 PM Last edited by sweetdevil : 8th Jul 2018 at 9:40 PM.
You already have the basics It sounds like you only need 2 more things:
  1. the WSO plugins for Milkshape; you can find those in your TSRW install folder, under Extras \ Milkshape Plugins. You install them by copying them directly into your Milkshape installation folder.
  2. this guide by Simlicious: Creating pregmorphs for the Sims 3 with CmarNYC’s Mesh Toolkit and TSR Workshop

I will explain how you export meshes, and you can then pick up her guide from there.
Now, I've only worked with Store content, so please let me know if there's anything different coming up in the work process!

Quote:
1. How do I extract the mesh from the CC item? I know it the Geom files and you need s3pe, but all I got was package files?

To extract the meshes from the CAS item you want to modify, import the package/sims3pack into TSRW.
Then, over to the Mesh tab, export each mesh* according to the LOD (1, 2 and 3). They will be in WSO format.
Save the project somewhere (so you can reimport your meshes into it later).

Quote:
2. How do I import it into milkshake?

Once you install the WSO plugins, it's simply a matter of File \ Import \ TSRW Object (it's near the bottom of the list)

Quote:
3. I know meshtoolkit is supposed to make morphing easier, but I wonder how? Like what steps is it skipping to make it easier??

The Mesh Toolkit allows you to reasonably skip the tedious work of reshaping the body to match each morph.
It's not infallible, but at most you'll only have to correct a few stray vertices here and there, in my experience.

Let me know if you have any questions!

* Some clothing items, if they are more complex, may have multiple mesh groups per LOD. You need to export each group to a separate file (don't worry, TSRW will prompt you to do it). You will also need to import each mesh group separately into Milkshape to work on it. HOWEVER, since this is just a bottom, this is very unlikely to happen

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
  1. the WSO plugins for Milkshape; you can find those in your TSRW install folder, under Extras \ Milkshape Plugins. You install them by copying them directly into your Milkshape installation folder.
  2. this guide by Simlicious: Creating pregmorphs for the Sims 3 with CmarNYC’s Mesh Toolkit and TSR Workshop

I will explain how you export meshes, and you can then pick up her guide from there.
Now, I've only worked with Store content, so please let me know if there's anything different coming up in the work process!

To extract the meshes from the CAS item you want to modify, import the package/sims3pack into TSRW.
Then, over to the Mesh tab, export each mesh* according to the LOD (1, 2 and 3). They will be in WSO format.

Once you install the WSO plugins, it's simply a matter of File \ Import \ TSRW Object (it's near the bottom of the list)

The Mesh Toolkit allows you to reasonably skip the tedious work of reshaping the body to match each morph.
It's not infallible, but at most you'll only have to correct a few stray vertices here and there, in my experience.

* Some clothing items, if they are more complex, may have multiple mesh groups per LOD. You need to export each group to a separate file (don't worry, TSRW will prompt you to do it). You will also need to import each mesh group separately into Milkshape to work on it. HOWEVER, since this is just a bottom, this is very unlikely to happen

Thank You! I wasn't expecting a reply that fast so I'm just now seeing it! I will definitely start working on adding the preg morph to the mesh! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil

Hi,

I seem to be running into a problem. After I do the tutorial step by step and import it back into TSR workshop to check that it looks okay, the bottom mesh does no longer align with the feet or the top. During my first attempt it didn't show it at all, and I only tried it again after the nude bottom just showed grey in the game (turned whole body grey) and didn't appear in CAS. But now I am running into this problem. I even attempted it on a more simple mesh but the results are the same. I have no idea what I did wrong. It also no longer responds to the fat slider or muscle slider.

For the moment I am giving up until I can find a new solution. Hopefully, you can get back to me soon.

Thank you!
Alchemist
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 9:25 AM
Hello
Sorry to hear you've been running into issues; it's never a smooth process on the first try. But hopefully we'll be able to make sense of it.

First of all, I realize I was scatterbrained and a pregnant nude male bottom already exists:
for teens: http://modthesims.info/d/373187
for adults: http://modthesims.info/d/370508

Quote: Originally posted by Tblu2326
After I do the tutorial step by step and import it back into TSR workshop to check that it looks okay, the bottom mesh does no longer align with the feet or the top.

This sounds like a bone assignment issue. In point #5 of the tutorial, I've found that sometimes using the mesh you first exported as a reference for the bones doesn't work out, so I'd look for a different bottom mesh that looks as similar to the nude one as possible (e.g. some of the painted-on underwear).

the nude bottom just showed grey in the game (turned whole body grey)

Possibly a missing or misplaced texture. I know this is going to sound confusing, but TSRW has the habit of replacing an item's XML with its own, which doesn't look as tidy, but doesn't update the texture references on the meshes themselves. And TSRW doesn't offer an option to replace the bumpmap either. Here's an image to explain what I mean:

You should confirm that these match the instance IDs of the images in your package, otherwise you might see stray textures/overlays.
You can edit them by opening the GEOM in Grid View, expanding ChunkEntries and [0] ChunkEntries, then RCOLBlock and TGIBlocks. Paste the instance IDs in the appropriate fields (to see which is which, check the top of the GEOM resource in preview mode - like in the screenshot above).
The AlphaMap you don't have to worry about, since it pulls the alpha from the Diffuse texture.
Note: "bumpmap" is the same as "normalmap".

It also no longer responds to the fat slider or muscle slider.

This sounds like a missing morph issue. Load your "final" WSO into Milkshape to check if it has all the morphs (which should be titled group_fit, group_thin etc.).

ETA: check that the bottom does not have the HiddenInCAS flack ticked.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!