Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 3:42 PM
Default Issues with CTU and patterns appearing black
Hello again! I've been having this issue with CTU for some time and I realize the program's never going to be updated again, but figured someone might now a workaround/solution for this.

Basically, with some patterns, one of the channels looks completely fine in CTU (see left pic) but pitch black in-game (see right pic).
I've also tried inputting the color in the XML manually by dividing each of the HSL values by 255, but the result is the same.
No matter what color I try to use, and no matter how dark or light the hue, it always looks black.

As far as I can see, my options now are:
1) Use different patterns.
2) Use TSRW (which I'm hoping to avoid as I don't like the way it generates XMLs).
3) ???

So, does anyone have any ideas on why this happens and/or how to fix it?
Screenshots

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 5:26 PM
Texture Tweaker might be able to adjust your CAS patterns...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Texture Tweaker might be able to adjust your CAS patterns...

Just tried it and, unfortunately, it only works with objects (packages that have an OBJD resource). As in, it only allows me to modify the images in the package with a CASP resource.

In the end I changed to another pattern, but I'd still love to hear if anyone has a solution for this

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 8:59 PM Last edited by sweetdevil : 5th Jun 2018 at 6:59 AM.
Update: adding the pattern in TSRW seems to keep the custom colors and they don't revert to black/white in-game, so I guess that's a viable workaround if one really wants a particular pattern.

Another update: don't use TSRW to recolor patterns if you want to work with CTU afterwards, as the package will throw a "key is not in correct format" error when switching to the Designs tab. Haven't been able to salvage the original WRK file, and had to resort to re-cloning a base game item in TSRW and reimporting the meshes and textures onto it.