Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 3:28 PM
Default Combine tops in CAS to display as preset styles
I will try to explain this the best I can, Im not quite sure of the correct terminology...

Sometimes when I download tops, they will display in CAS looking like IMG_2.png, one top on each line because they come with only one preset style.
And I would like them to look like IMG_1, so that I have 3 different tops that act like 3 style presets of one top, to save room and make loading/scrolling/viewing easier

I know how to switch to a condensed view in CAS using Master Controller, but thats not what I want to do.

Is there a way to do this using s3pe? That is the program I am most familiar with, I dont create my own content. Ive seen it done before, where it looks like you are downloading one top but it will actually have lots of tops displayed as style presets.

Let me know if this is not the right thread to post this on! I attached the images but I dont know how to get them to show up in the body of the post.

Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 10:24 AM
What are you are proposing involves quite a bit of work if you've never worked with CC on this level before, but the good news is that you only need S3PE and S3OC to do it
In this, you would only be limited by the clothing items having to use a mesh with the same shape (like those T-shirts clearly do).

Extremely simplified work process:

- Those colorful bits (that are non-recolorable) are refered to as overlays in the game files.

- Clone the pink, black and blue T-Shirts with S3OC, making sure to NOT select "Renumber" (so they can be default replacements). From these packages, you only need:
  • pink T-shirt: the CASP resource;
  • black and blue T-shirts: the _IMG files with the overlays, and the CASP resource.

- Extract the overlays from the black & blue T-shirts, then (with S3PE) add as many presets as there are overlays to the pink T-shirt (copy one of the existing presets).

- Export the XML of each newly generated preset, open them one by one in Notepad, and replace the presets' Overlay instance ID with the instance IDs of the exported overlays (as it's a blank image, the pink T-shirt's overlay instance ID should end in "CAC").

- When you're done editing the presets, import the XMLs back where you extracted them from (in the pink T-shirt package), and save the package.

If you're up for it, let me know and I'll write a more detailed guide It would help to know how familiar you are with these concepts, though.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!