Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:46 PM
Default How in the absolute hell do I clone complete base game outfits?
I believe this is a known issue, but due to the way the game and some of the earlier packs are put together, you can't clone clothing items without missing a whole bunch of stuff.
I've tried it before and had the meshes missing, or half the textures. How do I solve this? What do I do?
Alternatively I could just clone the individual assets I want to modify and set them up as default replacements, but I'd rather have an entirely new clothing item.

Thanks

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 3:15 AM
Are you using S3OC,CTU or TSRW to clone the outfits?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 1:50 PM
S3OC. I wasn't aware of any other way to do it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 11:41 PM
What outfits and/or hairs that you would like cloned? I could try to do it for you if you like.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 6:00 PM
At the moment I need amTopBlazerClose (or amTopBlazerClose_suit, I'm not 100% sure) and afTopShirtBloused. It's hard to tell if these are the right items, though, because S3OC won't even export any of the meshes or textures. I was able to identify the men's blazer but the shirt is a total guess. Picture for reference:

insert signature here
Scholar
#6 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 6:49 PM
Here you go. I'm not sure why your S3OC does that because mine works just fine along with the meshes and textures. Are you sure that it's installed correctly or it just might be a faulty installation and what did you do to export the package?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  amtopshirtblazer and aftopshirtcollar.zip (1.78 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 7:23 PM
I've given up trying to figure out why nothing works. CTU doesn't work, TSRW doesn't work, Blender doesn't work, Photoshop doesn't work, GIMP only works like 80% of the time, SimPE doesn't work, TS2 itself doesn't work....
Thanks by the way.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#8 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 10:26 AM
You are selecting the "Deep clone" option in S3OC, right? I've never had textures or meshes missing when cloning, except for trees and plants (but that's a known issue).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 11:36 AM
Deep clone is a bit borked as well, I've had it creating files of 6 gigabytes......the whole base game, if I'm not mistaken.

insert signature here