Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 2:13 PM
Default Any full body costume tutorials?
I want to make a costume that covers the entirety of the body (yknow head torso arms legs feet hands etc) from a model I found online, does anyone have/know a tutorial on this? I've never created mods or parts for the sims 3 (or any sims game) before but I really wish to
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 6:01 PM
What do you plan on making for the game?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 9:58 PM
I´m interested to know this too!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
What do you plan on making for the game?

i was planning on putting some sonic models in, similarly to those in the sims 2
maybe also some from a different franchise another time
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:01 AM
What you could is make the Sonic costume a full body outfit and make the feet and head into accessories that you could put on your sims. Sorry i'm not really that helpful I never created any custom content for Sims and I that I had achieved so far is convert some adult and teen outfits for children and although they worked for Sims 2 with some animation issues on one outfit I got rather wonky results for Sims 3 with clipping issues and the arms extended and stuck to the side. I should also mention that I had never created a 3d model before besides that fountain that I was working on in Blender but I had abandoned the project and I had never got to finish it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
What you could is make the Sonic costume a full body outfit and make the feet and head into accessories that you could put on your sims. Sorry i'm not really that helpful I never created any custom content for Sims and I that I had achieved so far is convert some adult and teen outfits for children and although they worked for Sims 2 with some animation issues on one outfit I got rather wonky results for Sims 3 with clipping issues and the arms extended and stuck to the side. I should also mention that I had never created a 3d model before besides that fountain that I was working on in Blender but I had abandoned the project and I had never got to finish it.

Yeah that might be a good idea, thanks
do you know any tutorials on that though as I have never done anything like this for the sims before?
i do have a tiny bit of experience modelling (1 unfinished model lol) and i know how to texture edit and weightpaint/rig a model so that might help or something