Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2018 at 5:51 AM
Default Kind of a weird one: four arms?
So, in a story in working on, a character has four arms. My question is, what would be the most effective way to do this? He would be in still photos so the pieces do not have to move.

My thoughts are either to sculpt objects posed for individual panels and have him wear them as an accessory

Or

Make a sim with no legs and no head, pose this floating torso sim in the exact same spot and have the only difference in the pose be the arm position.

Has anyone done anything like this before? Would I be better off photoshopping the extra arms into the panel after taking the shots?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 26th May 2018 at 2:43 PM
That would depend on your Photoshop skills, your meshing skills, and the number of different positions you might need.
I would personally go with the Photoshop option with several arms in various positions saved as png with a transparent background that can be resized or rotated/flipped as needed. But my Photoshop skills are stronger than my meshing skills. I'm not even sure HOW you would make a floating torso sim, but if you can do it then that might also be workable. (And if you can do it, I'm really interested in how you managed it. I know that there are amputee sliders that can remove both legs, but I've never heard of one for the head.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2018 at 4:03 PM
Yeah that'll have to be a photoshop affair, that's definitely the easiest way to do it. Take two screenshots, mask out the arms in the second one, paste them over the first screenshot and find a way to blend them together neatly.
I really can't see an in-game solution working as expected.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )